*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734842-Sonyas-Mind
Rated: · Draft · Emotional · #1734842
Sonya Lewis, a teenage girl whose life ungoes a tremendous amount of pain
Seven days it's been. Seven full days it's been . To Sonya, those seven days-seven short days-had felt like a lifetime. In those dreaded seven days, that prolonged week of pain and heartache, Sonya had discovered two things. One; her life would never be the same, for she was no longer the same. She had evolved into a mere shadow of her former state of being. Two; she couldn't just sit around the wrest of her life, letting the grief streaming within herself and the ones around her suffocate what little will she had left in her body. No, she refused to go on that way. But still, she understood that there would be more to come. More tragedy. More mystery. More pain. The way she saw it, that's all life had to offer her. That's all the thrill she had to look forward to. That was was her life.

She laid spread out on her petite bed, dressed in all black. For the past week, Sonya had spoke not with words or actions, but with her wardrobe. All black. Her clothes were ripped, worn, and tattered. Even her hair was a few strands out of place. She felt out of place.

Going on seventeen, Sonya had experienced more in her years than a woman twice her age. Along with the recent tragedy of her mom's suicide, her dad had been a crack adict, imprisoned eight times, shot four times, and caught cheating on her mom six times. Sonya had dropped out of school twice, been raped at the age of ten by her mom's secret ex-boyfriend while her dad was in jail, moved four times, lost two of her best friends in a drive-by, lost her youngest brother, Jordan, in a car accident, and had even for some time picked up a terrible smoking habit her freshmman year.

She lived in New York. A busy place. A place made for dreamers.
© Copyright 2010 renee19 (renee19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1734842-Sonyas-Mind