*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735278-Blue-As-The-Ocean
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1735278
Alica and Adam's moments before commiting to a lifetime together.
    “No, Adam, put me down!” I laughed. I was beginning to get dizzy after the many twirls of over the waves of the sea.
    “You’re no fun.” Adam pouted. I felt my feet sink beneath the cool water and I looked into his face. The sunlight made his eyes a bright emerald green and his hair golden blonde.

    “No fun, huh? Okay, I understand.” I remarked. I turned and started walking towards shore, leaving ripples in the water as the only hint I’d been there moments before.

    “Baby, Lecia! You know I didn’t mean that!” Adam called after me. Smirking where he couldn’t see, I casually ran my hand through the water. I felt the water rise up my leg as Adam came running to catch up to me.

    I whipped around and splashed the sea water in Adam’s face. He froze in mid-air with his arm outstretched to reach for mine. He licked his lips and nodded his head as if understanding. I stood in front of him smiling and giggling. Then before I could stop him, he wrapped his arms around my waist. His wet arms sent chills up my spine.

    “Shouldn’t have done that Alicia Michelle.” He whispered in my ear.

    “Why not?” I questioned.

    “Are you asking for a punishment?” Adam joked.

    “Well, that depends on what it is.” I moved closer to him leaving inches between our faces.

    “You have to marry me.” Adam whispered leaning to me for a kiss.

    I closed the majority of the space between our lips where there was hardly a millimeter left. Just before I kissed him I said, “That doesn’t sound so bad.”

      “If you can handle it.” Adam teased. He cupped my face in his hands and pressed his lips to mine. I tasted the faintest hint of salt as I ran my tongue across his lips. I felt him smile as he pulled back. We stared into each other’s eyes.

    “You’ve got the bluest eyes if I’ve ever seen any.” Adam spoke. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

    I lightly touched his lips with mine. It was sweet and soft. A symbol of us, if you will. And we’re still just like that fifty-three years later.
© Copyright 2010 StanaInspires (stanainspires at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735278-Blue-As-The-Ocean