*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735373-A-Story-with-Four-Perspectives
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Relationship · #1735373
One story of two young teenage couples who are on a exchange program. Set during Christmas
Nate
Finally we had arrived at the airport.
I’d gone a one month, yes count them, one month back home, and I couldn’t help but think what they were up to.
We walked in, and had our hair swept back by the cool air conditioner, a relief from the summer heatwave currently attacking WA, and let out a sigh.
We walked in further, and I looked up at the screen.
Their flight had arrived.
I nodded at Tiff, “They’re here!”
Now, was the waiting part, you know, the most boring part. Yippee.

I stood, jumping from foot to foot knowing that any minute now my life would get infinitely better.
Next to me, I could see Tiff doing the same thing as me.
The doors slid open, and we both looked eagerly to see if it was them. It wasn’t, but a few metres behind them were who our eyes wanted to see.
We waved enthusiastically at them, and they did the same thing in return.
“Not long now,” Tiff whispered into my ear.
“I know, it’s killing me now we’ve seen them… Still, going through customs shouldn’t take long, unless they’re bringing in something they shouldn’t of, and knowing them, what are the chances of that?” I replied back.
Tiff smirked, and nodded, letting out a ‘yeah.’

Beth
I dragged my deadweight suitcase alongside me, and looked up to find them.
Then I saw him, the handsomest guy in the world… a.k.a Nate.
I just kinda forgot about my luggage, and how much Dad would moan that I left it for him to carry... But I did it anyway.
I ran towards Nate, and jumped onto him.
He caught me, and wrapped his arms tightly around me, and spun around in circles.
“Stop it you nutter!” I exclaimed, laughing.
He slowed to a stop, and looked up at me.
I looked down at him. I knew I shouldn’t do it, not in front of my parents and his, but I’m not one to always hold against temptation. And neither is Nate.
I bent down, our lips together.
I could have kissed him all day, except Dad walked up to us, cleared his throat, and asked if that was appropriate behaviour.
Oh, come on Dad, next to me, Steven, my brother was making out with Tiff, so why can’t I make out with Nate?
Nate lowered me down gently, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder when I was on firm ground.

Nate
Oh, man. It felt so good kissing Beth, it felt like a life of suffering walked out of my system when that girl came along. That’s probably one of the reasons I fell for Beth, she made always want to be around her, because that was when my fears, doubts, and troubles had a lunch break.
Speaking of food, I’m starving.

“Welcome to Australia, beautiful,” I looked down at Beth.
“Feels good to be here,” she looked up at me, giving me one of her famous smiles.
I pulled her close, before shaking hands with Samuel, Beth’s Dad, and getting smushed to death by a hug from her mum, Adriana.
“Mum, I’m hungry.”
“Here you lunatic go to a vending machine,” Mum sighed, handing me a five-dollar note.
I looked around for one, and once I spotted it, approached it, with Beth by my side.
“So, are your parents going to be here for as long as you?” I asked not too hopefully.
If her parents were going to stay the three months she was here, I would go insane.
“Oh, no. They’re just going to make sure everything’s okay for me here and stuff.”
“Isn’t that why man invented telephones? A way to avoid your parents but make sure they know you’re okay?”
“I don’t know genius; isn’t it?” she joked.
I selected a packet of grain waves and a boost bar.
“Are you sharing with me?” Beth asked hopefully.
“No. Where’d you get that idea?” I said, shoving the boost into my pocket, ripping the grain wave’s packet open, and running away from Beth.

Beth
“Stop running!” I panted.
Ahead of me, Nate slowed down suddenly, and I tried to hit the brakes before I ran into him.
I didn’t and collided with him, sending him flying.
“You need to get a repair, you obviously don’t have ABS, and so your tyres just lock.” Nate smirked, getting back up.
“Oh, piss off Motor head.” I said, my heart beat returning to normal.
“I’m hurt.”
“You wanna see hurt?” I asked him, punching him in the stomach several times.
No reaction.
“Well, you could at least play along,” I sighed, shoving him.
He fell over like an idiot, and started rolling around fake-crying saying “why are you so mean to me Beth? What did I ever do to you?” before eating another grain wave, erupting in laughter.
“Hypocrite.”
“Help me up?”
I looked down at him, before smiling “Nope.”, and walking back to my parents.
“I’ll get you for that Missy!” he yelled after me.
I smiled to myself.

Tiffany

With Nate and Beth acting all idiotic with each other as usual, I looked over at my soul mate Steven.
He looked back at me, and gave me a side grin. Beth also has a really nice smile, but Steven’s makes me feel bubbly inside. Is that what Beth’s smile does to Nate?
“I’m going to die, aren’t I?” Beth asked me, after getting over my idiotic brother Nate.
“Why, what’d he say?”
“‘I’ll get you for that Missy!’” Beth quoted.
I thought about it. “Yeah,” I said, before laughing and giving Beth a playful shove.
She turned to face me and gave me a squeeze.
“How’ve you been then?” she asked.
“Alright, no more school!” I smiled, “well, for now anyway…”
“Yeah… I can’t believe I’m in Australia in the summer! I’ll melt…”
“It’s going to be 38 degrees tomorrow!” I moaned, not looking forward to that sticky and dirty feeling you get when it’s hot.
“38? That’s FREEZING!”
“Huh? Oh! Right, of course! I forgot you Americans use Fahrenheit… Uhhm, that’s around 100 degrees then.”
“I’m gunna have to get used to Celsius then, aren’t I?” Beth sighed.
“Here’s it in simple terms,” Nate began, “30 is normal, 40 is a heatwave, 25 is cool, and 20 is freezing. Got it?”
“Sounds simple enough, I suppose.” Beth sighed, “what about you Steven, it makes sense to you?”
“Yeah, I’m not a dumb blonde like you,” Steven teased.

Steven
So, goodbye America, hello Australia.
I loved the warmth that slipped through the cracks that greeted us when we started coming out of the plane. It reminded me of when we went to Miami.
That place was hot, but you got used to it after a while.
Then, when I saw Tiff, and managed to get through customs without too much hassle, I knew that everything would feel so much better.
I did the same as Beth and Nate, not caring that our parents were there, I just went straight to Tiffs lips, without saying hello, and she didn’t seem to mind that either.
We weren’t as attention-seeking as them two, but it felt just as good to have her in my arms and hers around me. Then Dad went and ruined it. I’m surprised Mum hasn’t said she’ll ground us for a month when we get back.
I’ll stop rambling now, sorry.

And the party left the airport: Mum, Dad, Tiffs Mum, Nate, Beth, Tiff and myself.
Tiff and I walked hand-in-hand, and Nate had his arm around Beth.
Nate, he’s a good guy. I hope I don’t have to bash him up for hurting my sister. He can fight better than I can. Which means I won’t be breaking Tiffs heart any time soon. Not that I’d want to, but yeah.

We’d reached our mode of transport, a 12-seater van thing.
“12 seats? You serious?”
“Well… There is ten kids, and mum, so we only have one seat spare. It’s not that big.” Nate said in answer to my question.
I let out a long sigh, and let Nate slid the side door open, and we climbed in.
© Copyright 2010 Jasmine W (wardiemoo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735373-A-Story-with-Four-Perspectives