*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735561-Deaf-danceing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1735561
A deaf dancer that can't hear silence
A sweet wind played with her auburn hair as she released a sigh beneath her captive audience of stars. Here, across her moon lit stage of gleaming grass she could dance.

She took the smallest of steps; the gritty touch of the cool ground brought her feet delight as she hesitated for a moment. Enticed to the whims of an unforgotten song, every gliding step fading the world to a metronome's tock. Beneath her slowly moving audience she took sweeping spin after tight twirl to unheard crescendos and minuets. Until their pin prick lights departed beneath the sky scraper horizon.

She faltered as the red rising sun drew close her blue curtain, her soundless song coming to a jarring stop. Tears join the perspiration on her face as she collapses, exhausted. Falling among so many blades of grass, the cool earth soothing her aching body. Still the melody of so many songs she could not hear filled the silence that would not stop.
© Copyright 2010 Ladykylin (ladykylin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735561-Deaf-danceing