*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735633-My-Crimson
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raven
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Animal · #1735633
a poem about a little raven who comes to visit a lonely somone every night.
There is a little raven that comes to visit me every night, and stays until the mornings light.
Her sleek black shimmering feathers glimmer on the moon light.
She keeps me company in this lonely world, when no one else seems to care.
For this little raven makes me happy, and I’m not quite sure why?
I think it’s the dedication she shows, how for no reason at all she is setting on my window around the same time every night.
Wonders why she couldn’t have come into my life before, but what the hell at least she is here now.
So, much time has went by and that little raven still appears there every night to put a smile on my face
Secretly i think she is as happy as me cause for what other reason would she have to return to me.
As once again she did appear, I walked to window and opened the latch and there she was
I reached my hand to touch her silky blackness which i had never done before. Hoping enough trust was built in the many days before.
Sure enough as she did stay i stroked her feathers, feeling my fingers slide down her silky back.
As i pull from my pocket a red silk ribbon with the tiniest brass button strung on it.
I slide it around the little raven’s neck and say i call thee crimson.
And though you fly free, know this you shall be mine to the end of time

© Copyright 2010 Raven (shortie2426 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735633-My-Crimson