*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735820-Interaction-Chapters-1-3
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1735820
A story of love, betrayal, action and most importantly ANTHROS!
Interaction

Hi, my name is Sam Fisher, I am 24 years old and living with what can only be described as strange people and not to mention the girl of my dreams, but for you this may be hard to understand, so allow me to explain…

Chapter 1 – Reality

“But dad, why is it so important?”
“It’s family tradition.”
“Why, she’s not even family any more!”
The two men stood there for a moment, staring blankly at each other, waiting for the silence to end. Eventually the older man spoke.
“Listen, I know it’s hard to accept what happened between us but it has, so it is something we have to deal with.”
“Yes, I know that dad, but why can I not just forget it ever happened by not seeing her again?”
“Because I don’t want you to forget what our family was and most importantly not to regret losing someone you know.”
“But I won’t regret it, not after what she has done.”
After another awkward silence the door bell rang.
As Sam opened the door, a slim figure stood before him and a familiar face met his eyes.
“Hi Carla, how was…” Before he could finish, the woman had flung her arms around him and said:
“It’s ok Sam, I know you don’t like visiting her but I have no say in the matter.” Prizing himself away he sighed and nodded. It had been nearly 10 years since his parents separated, his mom leaving for a marine biologist in Florida. His dad took the separation well by not drowning in his sorrows, it was almost as if he understood why she left and didn’t want to say to me why. He had arranged a family meal in the summer with his step dad and real mom to get to know each other better, however this meeting had always ended badly as Sam had arguments with his mom constantly. They never saw eye to eye and definitely did not want to meet each other.
“Come on lad, we’ll be late!” his dad shouted from another room.
“I better go, don’t want to annoy your dad or anything.” Carla said softly.
“Yeah, I’ll call you when I get back.” With out another word she turned and walked away waving as she walked.

Sam’s dad was one to be admired, he was a politician in the World Peace Organisation, or something, and his legendary speeches effectively ended the world’s racism with a campaign that was so drastic, it literally changed the world. It was not simply this that inspired Sam, it was his determination that Sam envied about his father, as he started the campaign only half a year after his divorce. Like the many successors before him, namely Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King, he had a mission for equality throughout the world. He was a well respected man and his ambitions were always ones that seemed achievable even by a man of little power and influence on the world.

The long road to Florida was quiet, with neither man speaking over the course of the trip. Paul knew his son well, and tried tirelessly to stop him from being angry at his past and instead embrace his future; his efforts however were falling on deaf ears as Sam just was not one to accept things that his family had done.
“Why can’t you see her the way I do?” His dad said finally.
“Are you joking? You know what she did and so do I. If she can’t build up the courage to tell me the real reason why then the cow can go to hell!”
“That is no excuse to simply hate her you know.”
“It is also no excuse to like her” He exclaimed plainly, he just could not grasp why he hated her so much but he knew that he could not like her, or even begin to think about it. With a sigh the car pulled into the driveway of a medium sized house with a porch. Sam sat in the car as his father turned off the ignition and sighed again.
“Do me a favour Sam?” His dad said softly
“Sure, what?”
“Don’t shout at your mother.” And without another word, they entered the house.

Chapter 2 – Sky

Sky was the eldest of his siblings, with each of the others being about 5-10 years old. It was tough being the eldest of a family without any parents to help look after them. They died trying to protect their children. Although Sky admired his parents sacrifice he remembered their deaths vividly, cursing his parents decision to help them escape. There were men pouring in from all directions, shouting orders at each other. It was chaos. There was a loud bang as the door came crashing to the ground. His father confronted the men that entered the house, attacking them violently, ripping clothing and armour away when Sky had heard another bang louder but of a different sort, as his father fell to the ground, completely limp. His mother screamed at the men attacking them with futile efforts, she turned to shout at him, telling him to run. He turned in obedience to his mothers orders, gazing back at her. Time began to slow down, blinking in slow motion, she started to scream again, before any sound was made by her a bang, and she fell limp, lying over her husbands arm.

Suddenly he felt a tug on his arm, bringing him from his trance. He looked down to see his sister still grabbing his arm, gazing up at him, begging him to join their game of tag. He beamed down at her rubbing his hand through her long hair and obliged to play with them. Many hours passed of careless laughter and playing, when Sky noticed that it was dark, beckoning them inside, as he prepared the evening meal. Taking a half carved carcass of what seemed like a pig of sorts, and some strange looking, colourful vegetables from the ground. Placing them into a large pot that had been filled with water, the food began to simmer over a raging fire. It was peaceful here. However he longed for his parents to return. Somewhat wishing for his own death when they had died, and even contemplated suicide, only refraining for the fear of his brothers and sisters not being able to cope by themselves. Living in the forest was tough but being captured by the men that killed his parents would be torturous at best. He started to go back into his day dreaming state, remembering life in the city. The constant hum of the public talking over telecom devices about their jobs, or calling home to check on the family etc. The constant glaze of the sun off of the buildings shinning brightly through the few clouds, the thought of the vast buildings and vivid energy being his old home had become completely alien to him. The huge change from the tranquillity of the forest, to the bustling cityscape.

Chapter 3 - Reaching

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!!!" Sam shouted angrily
"I have my reasons!" She replied, trying to calm him down,
"What! For HIM! Is he really worth more to you than me and dad!"
"No, not for him, and not because of…" She started to trail off.
"What then? What could have been so important that you had to leave!"
"If you must know I…" She paused, pain showed  from within her, straining to mutter any words. "It was you, you were the reason I left." She replied almost bursting into tears at this point. Sam was shocked, speechless. He stared at his mother's tearful eyes. Questions attacked his mind, pounding it with theories of why she left. What had he done to push her away? He also became tearful although he tried to hide it.

The two of them had never gone this long without throwing a comment at each other. Sam's world had been turned upside down. The journey home was even quieter than the one there, with his dad trying to coax a word out of him to no avail. Sam just sat in the passenger's seat, his expression was one of pain and deep thought. The car pulled into the driveway quietly. As both of the men stepped out, without moving from the car's side and looked up a the star infested sky and out of nowhere his expression changed to that of a confused man that had just seen something out of the ordinary. He gazed in  to the blankness of space and saw something. It couldn't be. It was his face in the sky, glistening brightly with a smile across it's face.
"Hey dad, is it weird to see your own face as a constellation?"
"Yeah, a bit, why?" His tone grew concerned at his son's question.
"No reason" he said, reluctantly turning to look at his father and walked into the house without another word.

The alarm rang in Sam's ear loudly as he groaned himself into swinging his legs over the side of the bed. His dad walked into the room quietly.
"Oh, your already up then." He said softly.
"That's lucky." He grumbled sarcastically
"Well, get up then, you got college today" His dad said impatiently.
"I'm coming." Sam replied with another grumble.
The door opened revealing a large ray of light from over the tree tops, temporarily blinding Sam, as his dad chuckled.
"Late night, last night, wasn't it lad" with another chuckle. Sam didn't reply. His mind still fresh with the memory of what had happened the night before. His smile fading, Sam's dad finally spoke.
"Lets go lad, don't want to be late for college and all that." Again Sam did not reply. His mind still distracted by his mothers words being repeated over and over in his head. The college was grand in size and appearance. The west side stretching over 600ft in length, and that was the small side. Sam was a proud member of North Rock Academy, an educational institution for the gifted and talented. If you wanted to get a scholarship there you would need to be exceptional in your grades or have VERY deep pockets. Sam had great connections within the academy due to his father, but refused scholarship until he had been accepted due too his work and grades as he did not want to deny a more deserving, future pupil access to the prestigious college. He had enjoyed several classes that he took in middle and high school that he had simply worked hard at, despite ridicule from his peers, with rumours spreading about him having a relationship with the cultures class teacher, who in turn did not help by taking a shine to Sam and his work. Seeing that she was genuinely impressed when she suggested he go to North Rock to continue his studies. North Rock was a home away from home to Sam. He admired and envied the teachers there, with their careers being as successful as they could possibly imagine. His passion in the subject came mainly thanks to his fathers work and what he had achieved in the cultural side of his work. But he also took interest by his own accord, feeling somewhat compelled to learn more about the cultures of the world. The large bell rang in the clock tower signalling the start of the day's main classes.

Sky, unlike his siblings, was awake searching for food to make the morning meal for when the sun did eventually rise. He just stood in the middle of the campsite staring at the night sky, unable to comprehend the images and stories that the stars where showing him. Noticing a certain constellation that caught his attention, a glimpse of what looked like his face, right down to the long muzzle that extended proudly from his face. He had always been told by his parents that the stars where mystical in their vastly infinite number and also that they possessed the stories of ones past. At this thought, he realised that the image must resemble his father or even a distant ancestor. Endless in their wisdom, showing Sky something for a purpose rather than by coincidence. He noticed that the images eyes faced north, back towards the city he had once called home. No doubts filled his mind, he had been waiting for the chance to go back, see how it had changed. He began to pack his and the others possessions neatly into a small sack waiting for the long journey ahead.
© Copyright 2010 HappyHobo (sagemyellow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1735820-Interaction-Chapters-1-3