*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736015-Little-Mary
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1736015
lets go to church and decorate it by practicing ten commandments
Little Mary




There was a town near the great city of Britain named London. There lived an eight years old cute, beautiful, smart girl along with her parents and a younger brother. Her name was Mary. Her father was working in a firm as a consulting manager while her mother was a teacher in high school. They were very happy small family of catholic Christian. Her father loved her mum more than anything and her and her brother. Both her parent were working people so they have to be very careful about everything in everyday’s life. Each day of the week passed very quickly with activities of daily life but Sunday was very happy with extraordinary pleasure in their home. Her parent was religion lover so they all performed Sabbath with great love and care. At evening time her parent took them off the home at sea side, shopping mall, and amusement park or wherever they liked to go and had dinner at particular eating places, that’s why Mary and her brother loved the Sunday and waited for it eagerly.

It was Sunday and her mother was helping her for dressing after bath, early morning before Sabbath. They were going to go to church.

“You are looking too cute” told her mum to her, holding bottom of a new pink umbrella dress, knee longer with curly ribbon pattern at end, bought at last Sunday from Shopping mall.

Really! What kind of cute I’ m? Mary asked to her mum with wide smile on her face shaking her body from waist.

What? Her mum asked again with confusion.

I’ m cute like? I mean how much cute? She tried to make her understand.

Ha..ha..ha.. You are as cute as your teacher Mrs. Kathy, her mum replied. It hurt marry and she made her face in ugly sad appearance. Her mum didn’t like it.

“You know I saw her yesterday when I was back in my way to home at evening. She told you are so much intelligent and I told her you are going to be professor for university, it was my dream and I hope you will fulfill my dream, she was going to select you for, vocabulary competition at annual day function”. Her mum explained her and kissed on her cheek.

“But I don’t” she replied shouting angrily.

Why? Why are you so rude? Her mum scolded her upon her behavior but it was Sabbath time and her father arrived there along with her brother, they left home for church, still Mary was with upset, ugly face. She attended Sabbath in same mood. She didn’t speak with even Mrs. Vicar after Sabbath when her mum went to visit her after Sabbath.

She loved Mrs. Vicar a lot, more than anything because Mrs. Vicar told her very good stories of Holy Bible every day when she went to her after school. She was the first person to be back for house. Her parents returned before its dark night and she came at three o’clock after noon earlier an hour before her brother so she went to the Mrs. Vicar who stayed at third block from her home. Mrs. Vicar gave her nice fresh food to eat and talked with her and answered her lot of questions with great love, until her brother got to her home.

It was lunch time and again today her mum prepared delicious dishes for them. Every one gathered around table, she was the last to come upon her mum’s couple of calls. Her father said blessing after she came, they began their foods. She was very sad while having a lunch without any word and went away, finishing food quickly to her room. Her parent confused, her mum tried to know why she was so sad.

Her father loved her a lot so he followed her after lunch, entered in her small tidy room with a lot of beautiful paintings of girls’ photos, cartoons, illustrated including holy Mary at all four walls, in centre.

“What’s wrong with you sweetie?” he asked leaning before a little green couch, on which she was flat on stomach, hiding her face down.

Uh…uh…uh… she started to shed tears with hoarse sound, when she heard her father voice.

“I, m sorry what’s wrong with you?’ her father requested humbly again with love carrying her in his hand, kissed her, wrapped her on his left shoulder, tapping her back with his right palm, requesting again and again for answer. Meanwhile her mum too arrived at there.

“I don’t want to be like Mrs. Kathy, I like her but don’t like to be like her” she burst her problem of sad out before her father crying, in broken voice.

“Ok, don’t worry, do as you like, we never force you to be what you don’t” her father said.

“Why you don’t, you must do what we dream, we are well wisher for you, for your future, for your life, it’s our responsibility”, her mum explained her with little bit anger when her father put her down on her bed.

“No, it’s not your responsibility, your responsibility to help us grow as real human being as Christ and I don’t think all teachers are real human being” she told.

Her father laughed loudly upon her answer, stopped her mum for further advice and took her away from her room arguing with her mum.

“You really messing her up, we should be little strict or she’ll grow not as we wish”, her mum argued with higher tone when they entered their room and was flat on bed by back body spreading legs forward.

“We must advice and to be strict with child who is growing badly but not with who is correct, leave it upon God and her, let her grow as she wishes, if we found her going ashtray, we’ll force her to be correct by efforts, by praying God”, her father replied.

“Its vain to talk with you” her mother exhaled angrily and closed her eyes for rest, her father already did same because after two hours they were going to judge their parenting, taking Mary and her brother off the home.





You have to talk about anything for eight minutes,

It should be good enough to empress the people,

Leave else work and pay more time for speech,

Mrs. Kathy instructed her at meeting with another eight students who were going to take part in annual function, they showed their talent with highly preparation but Mary didn’t, she was smartest girl of her age’s group so Mrs. Kathy didn’t lose her mind about her. Monday was over with little burden, she felt she has to prepare for speech war on stage before mike and noisy speakers, she must be great speech worrier in battle field, coming Friday. Her school bus stopped near main gate of her Society and she broke her thinking by loud call of her name.

She walked to block of Mrs. Vicar with sad face, sat down at a wooden long chair in her little front garden, without going to her home. Mrs. Vicar was waiting for her, standing in her sitting room, looking outside from glass window, she surprised at her behavior, got quickly there beside her on the chair in garden.

“What is wrong with you sweety? What caused you in trouble?” She asked to Mary with lovely tone, patting her back.

Mary never did anything hide for her lovely mother Mrs. Vicar and she talked her everything out which caused her in trouble.

“Oh, honey it’s not a problem for whom who knows a lot of story of bible and God loving people, now leave to be worried and think over a story which you liked the most, ponder over it with the name of holy god, you will find a lots of good hints for your speech, let’s go for supper first, because if someone get engaged in something leaving food, keeping his stomach empty, it hurts his brain and mind, so supper first” her lovely mother advised her, took her into the house holding her hand. They had supper and talked about Mary’s favorite story. Mary’s trouble had now gone and she was practicing according to Mrs. Vicar’s advice happily.

Days were going very quickly, Mrs. Kathy was warning every one along with her about speech strictly. Mary had always positive answer, her mum suggested her with fresh points for her speech each morning and bad time, and Mary listened to her silently without hesitation. She was very happy with her thinking about speech which she chose for speech. She practiced it with Mrs. Vicar when she came back from school and passed more time with her. She returned at home before her parent came. Thus Thursday passed; Friday arrived with great happiness in her private school with pleasant decoration and deferent preparation for annual function to pay parents back their compensation for trust in school for bright future of their children.

Half day passed and parents started to gather taking places at gathering hall, left end at ground floor of school building. Before them two and half feet high, decorated with colorful texture stage was attracting people’s eyesight on which Mr. Jeff Harper announcing deferent activities of annual day. Mary’s mum entered the hall, worried signs could be seen at her face, because she waited long for her husband on way after school but he didn’t so finally she came alone with hope of him. She couldn’t find him in hall and took a place in middle of parent’s seats, put her handkerchief on empty chair beside her and engaged to record motion of stage by students of school in her eye camera with care of not missing her little daughter. She was engaged so much that she could never see her husband who sat on empty seat reserved by her, spoke couple of words couple of time to make her know his presence. Eventually he also got engaged to wait for her loveliest daughter Mary.

Turn by turn, deferent talents were performed by students with great skills which were applauded by parents with great chirping of their hand’s clapping and some declarations of amount. Now there was turn of vocabulary skills prepared by some students themselves, without any help of school staff. One, two, three, four, five, six speeches bounced with humming in hall. Each was higher in quality then last one. Also parents applauded judging their skills.

“Now the eight years girl Mary Richard Peterson students of grade four will present her skill. This little girl is amazingly cute in study as she looks, why not? She has a graduate with m. sc. B. ed. Mum, teaching in high school, over wise announcer Jeff Harper added her mum’s name over reacting….there appeared on the stage, from maroon curtain right corner of back side stage, Mary in a navy blue dress little shorter than her ankle, showing off her white shoes, covered her head with little scarf of black woolen net bind around her golden, one foot long tidy hairs. Her mum jumped with glad squeezing her father thigh.

Hall again was silent to catch her skill.

In the name of Holy God, the beginning and the end, Respected Sir the organizer and principal of my lovely school Mr. William lee, group of my school’s respected teachers and staff, honorable and exclusive Guests and Parent’s group.

We have been given only eight minutes to present a speech about which we achieved in our life as an outcome of school’s hard work… how an eight years old girl could present her achievement just in eight minutes?… so I do my best to describe in brief. I thought a lot and a lot about role of school in my life and found it very important to carve all characteristics, excellent sort of behaviors, high skills of deferent subjects, and some more and more things which play biggest role in our life after leaving field of this important part of our life.

When we leave this field we are able to keep pace with in life, the life as an adult who is now ready to face the world with his or her ability. School tops up with balance of mainly reading, writing, secondarily a lot of skills of deferent subjects of worldly things or matters which are very important in human being’s life to make it happier, better, easier, with no fear of anything or anyone.

I conclude my opinion by asking a great and important question, are we getting this achievement indeed, by spending a golden era of our life to train our self for further in life as a main living being of the earth?

My brain got an idea of identifying and growing black seeds as letters on White Plains or fields as papers by help of my teachers who filled everything in my brain by hard work, holding my little fingers gently, now I’m able to read and write many things specially history of the world, science, technology.

I ask myself did these subjects help the people of world to be real human, who can wish for other human being as he wishes for himself?

Science helped people to invent a lot of technology which made life easy, better or richer, took him on another planet, on the contrary also it developed weapon which can ruin the entire human being or earth in few moments and people are highly worried about this.

History thought him lot of about formerly human beings and their adventures. But also keep fighting for their religions and lands and other sources on which they claim their own.

I ask myself, this is our land, and we have to protect him and ready to die for him if it needed then what about neighbor land? We don’t have to think about its benefit or progress?

I was so confused for real answer but thanks God he helped me with a great woman, server of God, wife of Godly people, Mrs. Vicar who stays at third block from my home. She told me a lot of stories of God, stories of Holy Book and God peoples, their adventures for truth, their Honesty, their patience, their sincerity, their love, their simplicity, their sympathy, their just, their spirit of sharing and caring of others whoever they are, their spirit of help, their spirit of believing own self, nothing but slave of God which always revolve around my brain, help me to face with good and bad things in my daily life with patience, with hope of God and Holy spirits, as former godly people did.

In short, I want to say that this is not enough to be enriched by knowledge of worldly subjects and matters, but it’s also necessary to be enriched by knowledge of our religion, Holy Book which would help us to grow as real human being as Christ, to live our life according to desire of God, sacrificing our desire in pleasure of God.

Let’s be the first for this.

Let’s decorate our life in Ten Commandments; there will be hundred, thousand, ten thousand etc. commandments if one ponders over them.

Let’s decorate the church, with decoration of our attendance.

I don’t say, we have to leave these subjects but along with this knowledge we have to also be educated with religious knowledge which enriches our mind with thoughts of human being.

Time was over and little Mary couldn’t continue and disappeared behind maroon curtain.

© Copyright 2010 delicate (saeed_75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736015-Little-Mary