*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736141-Chosen
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1736141
the first chapter tells the story of twins being born, some out of the normal twins
Chapter 1 Born

Finally the day has arrived for me to be joined with the female’s egg of my creator’s companion. I was created in the leydig cell and waited for extraction in my creator seminal vesicles. I was one of the billion sperm cells in my creator testicals, and I was the slowest. There was one of us that was the fastest, and every one of my brothers thought that he would be the one that would have the privilege of experiencing life. I wanted to prove them wrong, so I trained long and hard to get faster. I was determined and soon I had accomplished that. We didn’t have any eyes, but our thoughts were one. I could hear every thought of my brothers, and we were sad that only one of us would have the chance of experiencing life and the rest would simply die, as if they had never existed. My brother who was the fastest was not sad at all. He was sure that he and only he would be the first to the egg.

Now we could feel it happening. We knew the time had arrived for the female’s egg to be fertilized. We could feel the body temperature of our creator rising. It also got warmer in the testicals we resided in. Soon we were sucked trough the tubal of our creator and got mixed with what we called the river of life. And moments later we got sucked again, this time trough the ureter. We had exited our creator, before we even thought of the race ahead of us. There were billons of us. We were now in the female’s uterus. I quickly started to swim towards the fallopian tubes were we all knew the egg would be located. I could sense my fastest brother was in the lead. I gave it everything I had. Moving as fast and swift as I could. I was halfway through the fallopian tubes when I was head to head with my other brother.

“No! I shall be the one to have the gift of life!” He thought fiercely.

We raced head to head at the egg. He was surprised at how fast I could swim. He did not expect that. I could feel the fear he had now. I was sure that if he was scared and I was determined then there was a chance I could win the race. I finally reached the egg, and without stopping I swam straight at it. As my body collided with the egg I felt it sucking me into it. Soon enough I was one with the egg. But I was not alone. I could feel another presence here with me. I could feel my brother here with me.

“WHAT?? NOO….this can’t be!” my brother thought.

“This body is mine!! It is not meant to be shared, GET OUT!!” he screamed in his thoughts.

I remained silent as my brother screamed complaints at me. I tried to process what had happened. We must have hit the egg simultaneously. But this was not supposed to happen. It was impossible. Something was seriously wrong here. A body could never exist with two different minds.

“GET OUT GET OUT…” my brother kept screaming.

This is not going to be easy I thought. Not only could I hear my brother’s thoughts, but now I could feel his emotions too. I could feel his anger and disappointment of failing to reach the egg first. He felt betrayed. By what I thought. How could he feel betrayed? Who had betrayed him? He kept attempting to push me out of his mind, failing at every attempt. Then I could feel him slowly fading away from me. His emotions lessened, his thought went quieter. It seemed as if his presence slowly went away. I could not hear him, nor could I feel his emotions anymore. I felt alone. He wasn’t one with me anymore. But somehow I knew he was not gone. He was still here. But now he wasn’t part of me anymore. I could somehow sense that he was close to me.

Twenty two days later was when I first felt my brother again. I could feel him at my side. My eyes had already been developed but I could not open them yet so I could not see what I or my brother looked like. And my brother wasn’t the only one I could feel. I could feel something in me, as if it came to suddenly came to life. ‘My heart!’ I told myself. I was the happiest I had ever been at that moment. ‘My own beating heart I thought.’ I could feel it slowly beating faster, and I knew my happiness was the cause of this. I was getting more and more exited. Eager for my body to be fully developed. I knew it would take months for that to happen. I had to be patient and wait.

…Nine months has finally passed. I have been fully developed. I still didn’t open my eyes, but now I could definitely feel my brother at my side. The last few months were the most exiting ones. The fifth month was the first I heard my mother voice. It was soft and tender. But when it abruptly stopped, I moved and wriggled with my limbs. I wanted to hear her voice again. And soon enough I heard it again. And now at the final month. I felt complete.

Then it happened. I heard a low splashing sound just above my head. I knew that was the sign. It was time. First I felt my brother slowly moving, going above me. I could hear a shrieking sound in a distance. Someone is screaming my mind reminded me. Then I realized who it was that was screaming. It was my bearer, my mother. Suddenly I felt a sad wave flow trough me. I was so excited at the thought of finally being born, that I forgot the pain and suffering my mother is going trough now. At this moment I knew that I loved my mother dearly. I knew I that I would do my very best at fulfilling the duties of a son to keep her happy, and resent anything or anybody that will make her suffer or be unhappy. This was the first time I felt guilt. Guilty for making her suffer now like this.

I hadn’t noticed that I was moving until the darkness before my eyelids turned a dark orange color. It was the light from the room, and my head was already in the open. This is the moment I thought. I fought back the urge to open my eyes. I did not want to open them yet. I was not fully out of my mother womb yet. ‘Oh no!’ I thought. I was reminded of the pain she was in, and that I was the cause of this. I tried to make body as small as possible. Pushing both my shoulders forward, resting my head between them. Crossing my arms on my chest, and keeping my legs tightly squeezed together. I tried not to move and keep my body straight.

My eyes were still closed. I knew at that moment when I would open my eyes. I heard the sound of a scissor cutting, and I knew that I was now separated from my mother. It’s over I thought. I am finally born! I anticipated the moment I would open my eyes. I knew exactly where my mom was in the room, judging from the angle I was born. Then I finally opened my eyes. And my mother was the first person I saw. She looked like she was exhausted. I guess giving birth to twins made you look like that. but she looked happy at the same time. She was somewhat relieved it was all over. She had dark brown hair, that fell to her shoulders like the waves of the sea. She round pinkish cheeks, and dark brown eyes. She looked expectantly from me to the doctor who was holding me. I knew she wanted me in her arms and I wanted to be there too.

Then I noticed the expression on everybody face. They kept switching awed glances between me and my brother. And when, for the first time I looked at my brother, I understood why these were looking at us like that. my brother was silent and calm, and his body was clean. It was as he was born yesterday and the doctors had cleaned him up. suddenly I felt uneasy. Something was very wrong, and somehow I knew what that was. It was me and my brother. We weren’t normal. This was not how new born babies should act like. We were way too calm, and both our eyes were locked on our mother. And I noticed I knew exactly what everything in the room was without even looking around. I knew that the man holding me was a doctor who specializes in child birth. And the clothes he had were called scrubs. There was a chair in the corner of the room and a table with baby magazines on it. I realized, I should not know these things, for it was not normal because I had never seen them before.

“Congratulation miss Connor, they’re both boys.” The doctor finally said.

While he walked to my moms’ left, the nurse on the right put my brother in her arms. And soon I was in my mother other arms too. It felt warm and comforting. I felt relaxed. I kept looking at my mom, and she had tears of joy in her eyes. She gave me and my brother a kiss on the cheeks. She started singing a lullaby which I soon recognized as the one she sung when we were still in her womb. Then my eyelids started to feel a little weak, and soon I passed out and had my first dream…
© Copyright 2010 R. Anthony (beany87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736141-Chosen