*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736844-A-Sudden-Change
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1736844
Fujikawa Sato just transfered to a school Yamaku Academy, a school for the disabled.
Author's Comments: This is an old Fanfiction I made based on a Visual Novel named, "Katawa Shoujo" made by Four Leaf Studios. "Katawa Shoujo" means "Disabled/Disability Girls" in Japanese. The characters are mine except for Kenji, he is owned by Four Leaf Studios. This is an oldie and I wish to get some constructive criticism on this, thanks!

It’s a sunny day today just like any other but for me, it’s a very different day. My parents and I talked a lot about this but I why do I feel this nervous. Every second feels like a minute to me, thinking about stuff like, “How could I fit in into this new school?” or “Am I making some big mistake that I’ll regret in the end?” Sigh, all of this thinking is just stupid and a waste of time since there’s no backing out now. I’m waiting nervously in my mom’s car, watching objects pass by like I’m looking at a large film with every image is just a frame in time. With the anxiety building up within me, I grab my iPod from my bag, wear my blue headset and start listening to music to calm myself down. Oddly, I fell asleep shortly despite what I’m listening is a fast-paced beat. I suddenly awaken from sleep just to find out that we’re already in front of the school gate.

“So this is Yamaku?”

“Yes Fuji-chan, this is the school we were talking about.”

“Are there lots of students here?”

“Yes, there were lots of friendly people in the campus when we visited last week. I’m sure you’ll do fine here.”

“*sigh* I guess there’s no backing out now, right? Bye mom…”

“Bye son and remember that you can always call us when there’s a problem.”

I pick up my things and walk into the school campus. I grab a piece of paper in my pocket that is filled with instructions and first on the list is that I should go into the main building. I walk though the school grounds that are filled with greenery and the ambience is really nice. I look ahead to see a tall building that seems to be what the place I’m looking for.

I arrive in the lobby of the main building and check the list for the next task. It says that I should walk to a counter and tell the registrar that I’m a new student and they’ll give me the key to my dorm room. I walk to a counter nearby to talk to the registrar.

“Hello, how may I help you?” The woman greeted.

“My name is Fujikawa Sato and I’m the new transfer student.”

“Please wait a moment.”

“Ok Fujikawa, here is your room key to your dorm and here’s a map of the campus to help you navigate around here. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to ask any of the staff. Is there anything else sir?”

“Uh… no, I’m good. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome sir!” she gives me a cheerful smile and turns back into her computer, typing something in it.

I made my way out of the main building and sat down under a tall tree to rest and study the map I’m given. It shows that Yamaku Academy is a big place, easily able to fit 10 thousand students! Nah, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit but I got to say that this place is big but it’s a little uncanny that there’s not a student in sight even though it’s a Sunday. I made it to the dorms, there are several rooms in the main hall, and one of them is some kind of lounge or TV room where some students are watching a soccer match. One of them notice and wave at me, I do so as well as a reply. I then climb up a flight of stairs up to the room number 120. The hall seems to be quite deserted, it’s like I’m the only one in the hall. I walk to my room and unlock the door when the door next to my room opens abruptly and a guy with a pair of two-inch glasses pops out with a face that implies, “Who the hell are you?!”

“Who are you?! Are you a spy?” Bingo…

“No, I’m the new transfer student.”

“You must be a covert agent for the feminists in this school! I’m warning you, I got a 12-gauge pump shotgun in my room!”

“I’m not a spy or agent of any sorts and what the hell are you talking about?”

“Then you must be telling the truth. The Feminists are females who aim for world domination and the signs are everywhere.”

“You got to be kidding me right.”

“Nope and I have evidence to prove the feminists motives. I have graphs, diagrams and puppets. Puppets can be manly too, you know.”

“It sounds nice and all but I still some things to do like unpacking my stuff.”

“Yeah, see you later dude.” He gives a quick smile and returns back into his room.

I breathe a sigh of relief and focus on unpacking my stuff. I brought out my casual clothing and several gadgets and personal stuff too. I open my closet to find that my school uniforms are already set up. My bed is brought here because I need a special kind of mattress to sleep on to prevent back pain. I also have a mini fridge beside my closet for keeping drinks cold and medicine safe. After I finished all the stuff I got to do, I lie on my bed and slowly drift into sleep.

I awaken from my sleep but I all I can see is darkness. I have doubts if I’m truly awake or just part of a ridiculous dream caused by a weird manga I read. With a yawn, I jump out of bed and open the shutters to see streetlights glowing and stars shining in the night sky. I check my watch and it’s already 8:05 PM. I quickly take my medicine and change my clothes to take a walk outside.

I quietly leave my room to avoid ticking off the feminist conspirator and walk through the empty corridors, seeing lights under the doors of some rooms which tells me that there’s a number of students in the nearby halls. I made it to the entrance where I see a shady figure standing near stairs, probably waiting for someone. I decided to ask who he is when he suddenly jumped, no, vaulted over the wall and dashed off into the shade of night. He must be freerunner, but I wonder why he’s here in Yamaku anyway? Maybe I’ll ask him the next time we meet.

I continue on, wandering through the campus like I’m some lost kid in a carnival. It’s a bit chilly at this time of night and no one seems to be around. After the walk, I decide that it’s best that I should sleep now because I have classes tomorrow. I slowly walk my way back to the dorms when someone bumped into me. I can feel warmth coming to my lips, something that I want to feel forever. I slowly open my eyes to see a pair eyes with different irises, one was a green while the other is yellow. It only took a matter of time before I realize that I have kissed a girl by accident. I quickly severed the connection of our lips and took a step back or so. A brown-haired and apparently shocked girl comes into full view, and I got to say that she’s really cute. I quickly think of something to say before all hell breaks loose.

“Um… s-sorry about that, I didn’t mean to-“

“We kissed, didn’t we?” Somehow, I get a bad feeling about this.

“No, no, we didn’t. We just bumped our lips by accident… your right… we kissed. I’m really sorry about that…” I can see in her eyes that she’s about to cry. I’m trying to think of something to keep her from shedding tears but she suddenly speak.

“I’m sorry; I wasn’t looking where I was going. I’m really, really sorry.”

“It’s okay, I’m Fujikawa Sato, it’s um… nice to see you.” Man, this is awkward.

“I’m Miyaki Sasaki; it’s also… nice to meet you Fujikawa. Um… can you please tell me where’s the dorms are, I kinda forgot.”

“I’m going back to the dorms as well; you can come with me if you want.”

“I-if y-you don’t m-mind, thank you.” I can clearly see that she’s blushing.

We walked to the dorms with not one of us uttering a word. I discreetly observed her while we were on the way. She is bit shorter than me and doesn’t seems to have any physical disabilities so that means that she’s likely to have a mental one, which most likely explains why she forgot where the dorms are. Her eyes I saw a while ago are kinda like from a cat. I wonder if she’ll allow me to call her ‘Neko-chan’, most likely not. As we reached the doors to the school dormitory, we both stopped. We stood there for several seconds but it felt like minutes. I need to break the ice, pronto.

“So, um… I’ll see you next time.”

“Y-yeah, it’s n-nice to have your c-company, Fujikawa.”

“Thank you and sorry about, you know.”

“No worries, I’m fine with it. G-good night Fujikawa!”

“Thanks and same to you.”

I quietly head back up to my room and lay down peacefully on my bed. I covered myself with a blanket and dropped my head on a soft pillow. I can’t believe what happened a while ago. I had my first kiss with a girl I barely know and yet, I have this strange feeling; I can’t explain what it is but I can assure that I’m going to have a weird day tomorrow.
© Copyright 2010 CrimsonStylus (crimsonstylus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1736844-A-Sudden-Change