*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737416-The-Bridge-I
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1737416
This story is by no means perfect. I hope you enjoy my short story series: "The Bridge"
"Sunlight, moonlight, day in and day out, none of these things matter as long as I'm with you"....She believed him once upon a time.



         "Oy!" She turned. "Excuse me miss, you dropped this!" He held out a small purse to a young woman. "...." Silence. She grabbed it and kept walking. He waited for a second and followed her. She stopped nowhere in the busy market and was oblivious to the crowd around her. The whole time, she never stopped and he followed.



         She headed towards a park. He followed her through the tangles and into the brush, always keeping an eye on her. She never faltered, almost gliding over the rough ground, and knotted tree roots. After crossing the bridge, she turned around and looked at him.



         "What do you want?" She yelled into the darkness. He on the other side replied "You looked....sad...I thought i could help" A lame excuse, he knew. "....." More silence. "Thank you for accompanying me, but I'm fine."



         Her monotone struck a chord in his heart....Fear.



         "Oh, uh Happy--", a firework cut him off. In the distance, the sky glimmered and sparkled with radiance and love. No one was around.



         She started walking once again...not away though. Towards him. They met in the middle of the bridge. "Would you like to see something?"

         "Yes..."



She took him then, down the hill and brought to the nether reigons of the red wood bridge. The sounds of the outside world were muffled, and it was as if they were the only two in existence.

"Can you see the stars?"

"No"

She grasped his chin, and told him to "Look."

His eyes grew wide...in horror. There, tied beneath the bridge was a man. Half dead, half conscious, with a sword sticking out of his abdomen.

"You want to lie to me like him?", she said as she grabbed the hilt of the sword and ripped him apart.



         "You wont lie...."







         Later that day, his body floated out into the endless sea, never to be found while the river troll, stayed. Showering in the organs...of her lover.
© Copyright 2011 -Memento Mori- (makegana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737416-The-Bridge-I