*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737552-Getting-Older-Alone
Rated: E · Article · Family · #1737552
Life and getting older aone
I realized now that I am older I have not put a future away for myself. I put all others in front of myself, I do not regret it and maybe if I had to do it all over again I may not used up all my time on others and I would have put a little away for myself.
There I was eleven years ago and newly divorced after 18 years of marriage. I had thress kids and I was starting over. Since that time I have put everything I have into raising them. Then alone came two grandchildren and now one on the way. I admit I do things to the extreme. I would rather have time with the grandchildren than anyone else.
Then on lonely days when everyone else is too busy for me I think for just a moment I wish I had someone to share the rest of life with. Then I wonder where I would fit them in. I could pencil them in between school, work, children and grandchildren. Maybe that is why I am alone. I have no time to devote to anyone else. I know that maybe one day someone will come alone and if they do I will try and have time for them. My family is important to me and I am so happy just to be apart of thier lives.
© Copyright 2011 wordsplaytoday (wordsplaytoday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737552-Getting-Older-Alone