*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737958-Introduction-to-novel
by Peanut
Rated: · Novel · Adult · #1737958
This is the introduction to a novel I am currently working on!
The night was dark. Her thoughts, darker. Her intentions were clear; all she needed now was a way to enter the silent house without creating a disturbance. Her eager eyes searched the sky for some sort of miracle inspiration. Nothing. And then, as if the Master of Mischief was reading her cunning thoughts and snarling with encouragement, the wistful midnight breeze whispered softly, making all the leaves around rattle quietly. The neat little wicker hanging basket, which was placed above the slime green front door where the paint was being un-evenly scratched away by the wind, swung gracefully, its iron chain chinking. Amber smiled quietly to herself and made her way up the cobble driveway. The neighbourhood was so still it would make this task all the more simple. Amber’s emerald green eyes twinkled with excitement as she reached one leather gloved hand up to the hanging basket and dug deep into the icy cool soil. It was there. Her long fingers trembled with impatience as she grasped the key in her palm and pulled it out. Holding it up in the silvery moonlight it shone miraculously, not only was this the key to his house, but also the key to revenge. Silence, as she turned the pretty little key in its lock. The soft chink as the door opened was almost unheard; still, it sent Amber’s heart racing and the adrenaline pumping at full speed throughout her body. At least, she thought to herself, I’m using a polite way to enter. A much more formal way of breaking and entering. No shards of shattered glass, not even a broken plant pot. Not that they deserved this kind of consideration and hospitality. They deserved exactly what was coming to them. With this last devious thought, Amber lead herself smoothly up the pine set of stairs. Clutching her coal black gun, and her partner in crime, she headed straight to the bedroom.
© Copyright 2011 Peanut (peanut94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1737958-Introduction-to-novel