*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738036-Relief
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1738036
So Emotional Entry
Her three-year-old tabby had scurried between Lacy’s feet as she opened the door to collect the mail. She hadn’t even realized the cat was behind her and before she knew it, off he ran. Right onto the road. Lacy’s sharp whistle turned the creature around and the screech of tires was as good as a kick in the butt to get the animal moving back in the right direction.

Lacy scooped up her darling and held on tight. “Come here you silly boy, don’t ever do that again,” Lacy scolded her cat as tears welled in her eyes. “You could have gotten yourself hurt running out the door like that.”

The sudden feeling washed over her like a cool rain on a hot summer day; and the uncontrolled tears kept falling though she was smiling like a fool. Looking into the bright eyes that seemed to question what the big deal was Lacy glanced towards the heavens and took a shaky breath, slowly releasing it as her heart began to return to a rhythm that was somewhat closer to normal. She closed her eyes and said a silent prayer as her tabby informed her in his own howling way that everything was just fine and he was more than ready to be released so he could carry on to his next exciting adventure.



© Copyright 2011 cheryl losch (closch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738036-Relief