*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738229-The-childhood-of-Elstrin-part-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1738229
The earliest part of Elstrin's childhood till his 13 birthday and his encounter his aunt
Born on the 27th of Mid-fall Harvest in the city of Cleradin, he was the child of two moderately wealthy shop owners. He was orphaned at the age of 2 though when his parents refused to pay a local Gnome enforcer by the name of Sean the Sly, this enforcer had Elstrin’s parents murdered right in front him after torturing them for hours on end forever burning Sean’s face into his mind.  Between the ages of 3 to 12 Elstrin wandered the streets of Cleradin thieving from the wealthy and scrounging through the trash of the city(Literally and metaphorically) just to survive through his childhood.  However on his 12th birthday Elstrin was in the market district scoping out a new shop called “Anything Tanned”, he was planning on breaking in later that night to get a gift for himself seeing as it was his birthday after all, when the movers had been filling the shop with products to sell Elstrin had noticed a nice looking deerskin coat that seemed to be very warm.  Later that night after he had scoped the building out and found a second entrance through the storeroom in the back Eltrin entered the shop looking for his new coat, he worked his way through the boxes in the storeroom one by one only to find that it was not there, worried that it might have been sold already he proceeded to the main floor of the shop through a old wooden door that was rusted at the hinges as he opened it the door creaked on its hinges which started Elstrin he waited for a breath to make sure the owner of the shop which he had yet to see did not wake.  After he was sure that all was at rest in the store he continued on his way onto the show floor where he saw the Masterwork deerskin coat in a locked glass show case, he huffed as he got out his lock picking kit and got to work on the heavy padlock on the case “pathetic, to think they can protect their merchandise with flimsy cases and cheap locks, they are sorely mistaken.” he smirked to himself as he finished picking the lock “ahh and now your mine” he grabbed the coat and threw it over his shoulder, as he turned to leave though he noticed a shadow that was not there when he entered just several minutes ago.  Before he could speak a beautiful voice said to him “ Now why would you rob your own family, nonetheless your mother’s only Sister..” ”If you are my mothers sister then what is your name and what was the name of my mother’s shop” said Elstrin cutting Seleen short. A long moment lingered in the air as Elstrin waited for her response “My name is Seleen and the name of Seldrin’s shop was Seldrin’s emporium of miscellaneous stuff, it still perplexes me how she fit all that on the little sign out front” she answered with a little chuckle Elstrin sighed with relief as he wiped sweat from his thin brow then he began to speak “Oh thank Olidammara I thought I was to be arrested for a moment, thank the gods you are who you say you are.”  Elstrin began to turn and head for the door when Seleen responded to him “Aye that I am and you have yet to answer my question young Elstrin why do you steal from your own family?” Elstrin stared at her in a mix of frustration and deep thought as he contemplated the answer to this question, after what felt like several hours although it had only been seconds he responded “I steal what I must from who I must to survive in this city, it is nothing personal but this is the only trade I know and it has been the way I’ve survived for the last ten years. So on that note I will be leaving now, but seeing as you’re the only family I have in the city would you like to have lunch sometime say the thrice day of this week?” Seleen though for a moment before answering, deciding that it was not likely to be a trick she agreed “And where shall we have lunch nephew?” “it is a small cafĂ© in the market place I shall send a runner with the name the day before lunch do not worry about the cost I shall cover it seeing as you have just opened your store and are surely tight on Kelts” as Elstrin finished his sentence he walked out the front door of the shop and into the sleeping night feeling accomplished in the way the evening had turned out.
© Copyright 2011 Elvinlord352 (elvinlord352 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738229-The-childhood-of-Elstrin-part-1