*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738233-50-Reasons-Why-You-Dont-Want-to-Be-Me
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1738233
THIS STORY IS UNFINISHED! About a shapeshifter boarding school.
It's not very good but please read!

Chapter 1

My body turned and twisted, stretched and shortened. My eyes went from color to black and white. My nose lengthened and turned snout-like. My tail swished back and forth as a grandfather clock would ring. The people around me screamed, and ran. Good, that’s what I wanted.

I ran into the woods, and turned back, and cried. Life wasn’t fair, life isn’t fair. When I was two my parents died in a attack, and then I ended up in a orphanage. I slowly walked back to the orphanage, that was the first time i’d ever shown any one else what I could do.

That night Miss Evalenne ran into my room, “Mackenzie, someone has come to adopt you.” I turned and looked her with a wolf like look saying, really? If so I won’t eat you. I followed her down the narrow black stairs and into Master Tanhem’s Room.

“Hello Mackenzie.” Turned to look at Master Tanhem standing next to a tall dark stranger. “My name is Liam.” I looked at him with dark suspicion, my dark narrow eyes looking through him. “ I have come to adopt you. Your new mother is waiting outside.” I sat quietly as Liam signed the papers and led me out the door, then in a dark alley he snapped around, his eyes glowing.

“I know you turned. What is your animal?” He then changed into a beautiful mountain lion. I snapped around, now my eyes glowing, and quickly turned into a wolf. “Is that your only animal? He growled and turned into a dark brown horse. Once again I snapped, and felt my blood rushing. Well, it’s now or never. I closed my eyes and looked up in color. Liam gasped. I reared, wait, reared? I was a horse! But, I felt heavy on my back, I was a Pegasus.

A sleek black, dark black wings. One white sock, and a white star on my forehead. Liam looked amazed, his mouth gaped in the letter O. I beated my wings and nuzzled him on my back. “To Trampton Rachael.” Somehow I knew where that was, and flew for hours. We finally landed in a forest clearing.

I turned back, Liam’s mouth still gaping. He led me toward a tall castle, I would be guessing it was the tallest castle in America, although there aren’t many. We came to the gate, and Liam turned into his horse form, I turned into a wolf. “You may pass.” Said the lanky falcon on the post. “His name’s Trentun. He’s about eighty-three years old.”

We walked into the castle gates, and a fox came up to us. “Hey Liam, who’s your girlfriend?” The fox spoke, in a very quivering voice. Apparently he didn’t like wolves. “Let me give you a tour.’ The fox slowly changed into a short and lean teenager, of about 13, Liam and I did the same.

“Don’t ask, the name’s Mackenzie.” I said, before the question was asked. “Well, Mackenzie, welcome to Qtentiunion Shape Shifter Boarding School!” He turned and let me have a look. The grounds were bustling with excitement. High school girls chatting in a corner, teenagers hurrying to get to their next class, teachers advising students to check their school uniforms, gosh, it was busy.

A short and stout teacher came by. “Hello Ms.Retchenson!” chimed Liam, and then he led me into the office. Ms.Retchenson changed into a lioness, note to self, get used to that. In the office sat a important looking man, with important looking clothes, reading important looking papers. “Hello Mr.Brewn.” chorused Liam and Fox Boy, now named Evan. “Hello Liam, have you gotten her?” said Mr.Brewn, who had a thick English accent. “Yes sir.” said Liam.

“Hello my dear girl, how do you do?” I turned and looked at that heavy english face, with a mustache I must say. “Um, okay.” I answered, my eyes rolling. “Iris, please assist the girl with her school uniform.” As he spoke, a short woman walked into the office. “Yes Mr.Brewn sir.” said the lady, she was quiet and old, and had a quiet and quivering voice.

Iris led me into a dressing room. “Please change into your most used animal Miss Mackenzie.” said Iris. I quickly changed into a wolf. “I shall bathe your animal form madam.” said Iris. As she did so she pulled off my human clothes, since I hadn’t yet mastered turning just into the animal, and banishing the clothes, except when I was a Pegasus.

As she bathed my wet fur, I hummed Fireflies by Owl City. I always hum that song to make me happy. It’s very calming and jumpy. “Now to your human form.” said Iris. I laid down in the bubbles and changed back. She washed me again. “Now your third form.” I looked at her, jumped out of the tub, and turned into a Pegasus. “Oh my gosh!’ said Iris, but she started scrubbing.

After that was done, she gave me my old clothes and some new ones, a loose black polo shirt and a plaid colette. I quickly put all that on, and Iris escorted me back into the office. I quickly saw that Liam and Evan were in their school uniforms, the same polo shirt and black knee shorts.

“I need to document some information, could you give me your full name?” “Mackenzie Maxine Quincy.” I answered, the formal Englishman staring at me. “Your parent’s name’s?” I stared at him. “How would I know? I grew up in a orphanage you know.” “What! Liam, you didn’t tell me this! Can she even turn?” thundered Mr.Brewn. Before he could turn back to look at me I changed into a wolf. “Oh, okay. What is your second animal?” said Mr.Brewn.

I hesitated at that one. “Well go one with it!” My blood rushed, and I looked up much taller, and snorted. “AHHHHH!” screamed Mr.Brewn and Evan. “She’s a ppppegasus!”

I reared and charged the door, and Liam hoped on my back. “Get the emergency bridle!” Evan ran and broke some glass, and a alarm sounded. People poured in, carrying a bridle, I fought, and kicked, and bit, and after a while they had succeeded, and Liam stroked my neck and huffed, “My gosh, you are a feisty one, aren’t you girl?” I looked at him and bit his hand. “That’s what I thought.”

A little while later I found myself “Settling In” Mr.Brewn had described, but I would call it sticking out. I was in the girls dorm, and as soon as I walked in my room, I regretted not knocking. A tiger was sitting on one of the two beds, grooming herself. “Um, hi?” I stammered, backing up towards the door. The tiger looked at me, jumped and turned into a african-american teenager about my age. She had long beaded braids, and was almost as tall as me. “Hi!” she giggled.

“Um, hi?” I replied, gently waving my hand. “I’m your room mate!” she informed, turning into a falcon and landed on my shoulder. I turned into a wolf, and she sat on my head. We both turned back, and the girl open her mouth again to talk. “My name is Ivy, Rock Falcon and Bengal Tiger.” I looked at her and replied, “My name is Mackenzie, but you can call me Max, White Wolf.”

“Oh, a white wolf! What’s your other animal?” There’s one thing I hate, lying to people. “Um, I don’t have another one.” I lied, my eyes wandering and my palms sweating. “Cool! I never knew you could only have one! “Where’s my purse?” A thick accent cut through the air, almost like a cook finally slicing hard cheese. “It’s Veronica! Hide, the Gucci Monster is coming!”

“Don’t you dare!” shouted Veronica, and Ivy snatched the purse from Veronica’s hand, and hovered it over the fire snatching the air in the fireplace. Ivy released her thumb, then her pointer finger, shortly after came her middle finger, the ring finger tore off the thick leather, but her pinky still held on.

“Oops.” She said sheepishly, and dropped the purse into the flames. “You little ...” Veronica went on and on, saying every curse word known to man-kind. “Sorry, excuse my French.” Veronica hastily mouthed, definitely not meaning it. Veronica turned into a creamy white Pomeranian, and trodded off. “The perfect animal for a Burberry Octopus!” I snickered, and Ivy nodded in agreement.

That morning I was slumping down the stairs with Ivy jabbering away in my right ear, and Liam on my left. Telling me about the different classes and the awesome teachers and the horrible teachers, and I was yet to get my schedule.

Once a robin had dropped down to hand me my timetable, they both scattered around it like hungry wolves waiting for the command from the Omega wolf to eat. “Can I see it? Can I see it? Oh my gosh! You’re SO lucky! You got Ms. Jeremawen! She’s a eagle!” Finally I gave up and threw it up in the air, Ivy caught it.

Ivy was in most of my classes, and showed me the way to all of them. My first class was Human Shifting, taught my Ms. Jeremawen. “ Alright class, please open to page 47 of your Shifting Books. Please follow me.” She stood up, and changed into Mr. Brewn! All the students gasped.

“You can only shift into humans you have connection with, for example I have a strong connection with Mr. Brewn. Ivy, would you come here?” Ivy walked up to Ms. Jeremawen. “I will now make a connection with Ivy. Watch carefully.” Ms. Jeremawen took Ivy’s hands in hers and closed her eyes, Ivy did the same. “I am now connecting my mind with Ivy. If Ivy was not open this could not be possible. The other person must be totally dedicated.”

“Now, I have made a connection with Ivy. Ivy, turn into me, I will turn into Ivy.” Ms. Jeremawen immediately turned into Ivy, but Ivy had to think about it. “How do you do it?” she asked. “Just imagine me in your mind, think of me morphing into you.” Then, Ivy turned into Mr. Jeremawen. “Now I am Ivy. As you can notice, I have Ivy’s voice, and her thoughts are in my head. But i also think my own thoughts to. Everyone, make a connection with someone. Come on! Partner up!”

I immediately paired up with Ivy. We held hands, and it felt like our minds were connecting. Like every brain cell morphed into hers. After the connection broke, I turned into Ivy. I opened my eyes a little shorter, through Ivy’s brown eyes. Ivy’s thoughts rushed into my brain (or should I say Ivy’s brain?) like a train, bombarding all of my thoughts.

“You can also turn into your partner’s animals. Please try it.” Ivy turned into a wolf, and I into a Rock Falcon. Then, since she thought I only had one animal, she stayed wolf and I turned into a tiger. Then, the bell rung.

“ Thank you! You all did a amazing job! Remember, DO NOT make a connection with someone you do not unbelievably trust!” screamed Ms. Jeremawen over the noise, but I don’t think anyone else heard her. We rushed out to snack, and I bought a sandwich (for my self), and a chicken kebab (for my wolf). I quickly ate, and rushed to my next class, Camouflage taught by Mr. Trentun, guard at night teacher by day.

“Welcome class. Welcome to Camouflage. Today you will learn about how to blend in with your surroundings.” he raised his voice over the noise as I walked in. I quickly picked a seat next to Ivy and dumped my stuff under the desk.

“Since you all have animal forms, please change.” Mr. Trentun changed into a falcon, I into a wolf, and Ivy into a tiger.

“I take it you all know the definition of Camouflage?” we nodded. “Than you know to survive in the wild a animal uses aspects of coat, eyes, or other body parts to make themselves blend in?” again, we nodded.

“Than grab one of my props and try to blend in with it.” Ivy rushed up and grabbed a large rock, while I a took a small tree. She turned into a falcon, I turned into a wolf. I immediately blended in, and ivy did to, being a rock falcon.

“Wonderful girls! Look class, Ivy and Mackenzie blend in perfectly. You see, they chose aspects from their animal’s natural habitat. Try that Liam, a nice rock would be better than snow.” Liam blushed. “Class is over, you may leave.” the class pushed to get out of the door, and when I finally recovered, I looked at my time table. “Predators of the Night: Wolves is my next class, taught by Mr. Krennhards.” I murmured. “Predators of the Night: Big Cats. Well, see you later!” Ivy giggled. I started walking toward Mr. Krennhards’ classroom.

By the time I got there, I was late. I walked into the classroom, and sitting in a chair by a desk was a middle aged man writing with a quill and ink. “Are you Mackenzie?” he asked without even looking up. “Yes.” I whispered in wolf tongue.

“Ahh.” he whispered back in wolf tongue. “You know the tongue of the wolves, how did you learn it?” “I have lived with wolves.” I spat out in English. “When I lived in the orphanage I used to go missing for days in the forest living with the wolves.”

When I said that he looked surprised. “Could you change into your wolf?” I asked him. He nodded, and changed into a grey wolf. “Now you.” he growled.

I quickly changed into a wolf, and Mr. Krennhards gasped. “A white wolf? Let me see.” he quickly stepped over and examined me. “Can you still talk?” he asked. “Yes.” I hissed in wolf tongue. “English?” “Yes.” I spat in English. “Oh my gosh! You are the wolf of the prophecy!”

“What prophecy?” I puzzled, clearly not understanding. “This prophecy, here read it in here:



The Prophecy of the Wolves

A white wolf shifter, the only of it’s kind, will appear in Qtentiunion Shape Shifter Boarding School. The shifter will be able to whisper wolf tongue, and will also be able to change into any form, including witches or other magical beings. The shifter will be of female type, and her second animal will be a pegasus.



“OK. So what does that mean?” I dropped the slip of paper. “You didn’t finish it!” the teacher roared. So, I picked it up again, and saw the part I didn’t read.



The shifter will save the Sword of Evaline Waltson from a thief. In the process either the thief or the shifter will die.

© Copyright 2011 Mackenzie Eversworth (cmacduval at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738233-50-Reasons-Why-You-Dont-Want-to-Be-Me