*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738497-The-Amulet-of-Gondars
by Elyse
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1738497
Prestince,14, is bout 2 have his life changed bya letter.Will he be able 2 save Gondars
Prologue

The trees` branches swayed in the forest night. Deep within the dark forest lay a hidden cave that nobody dare came across it. That is, until now. A ragged, what seemed to be a homeless man was perched on top of a flat, mossy, rock. It seems as though he was rolling a golden charm through his scrawny fingers. Any sudden change in his surroundings would have startled him and thats exactly what happened. He heard the distant cry of a rock roll across the floor. His heart started to race as he scurried to a higher ledge.
"Whose there?!" he cried out pulling the charm to his chest, protectively.
A reply with a deeper raspy tone came.
"Mortin, you have something very special of mine," the voice tried its best to sound soothingly.
Mortin clutched harder onto the golden valuable and said, "I-it can't be! You're dead, Holland even said so!"
“Did you ever actually believe that poor soul?” a creature the size a bear stalked out of the dark and into the partial sun that was breaking the skyline. It had the body and head of a wolfe but was twice the size and the fangs looked like they could cut through metal. You could tell this creature had been through fights and battles before by the deep scar that crossed his right eye. The weird thing about it was the very tip, to the very right, pointed upward like a check mark.
“It truly IS you, Gobby!” Mortin obediently scurried to his feet and bent down in a bowing position.
The creature grinned evily and stalked closer to Mortin and he knew what it wanted. Resentfully, he handed over the beautiful, golden amulet. Without realizing how powerful Gobby was, Mortin managed to slip away but Gobby was upon him within seconds. A slash acrossed his chest was powerful enough to even kill him in a second life. Mortin's body lied lifeless in a red velvet goo that oozed out of his chest. Again, Gobby grinned and walked over Mortin's body, into the beautiful sunrise.
© Copyright 2011 Elyse (isabellekarnen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738497-The-Amulet-of-Gondars