*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738813-Unhappy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1738813
Jack finally finds out that Alison is not happy with the direction for her life.
This is another sample ... Alison is questioning her life choices and Jack, her husband, finally finds out that she is not happy.  Is it too late or will be beable to fix it.  Enjoy and tell me what you think.           

*****************************

              The ride home in the car was another quiet one.  Jack decided not to go straight home.  He knew something was bothering Alison, and he  wanted to take Alison somewhere that always made her happy, the bench along the river by the Tower Bridge.

         “You should have turned back there.”  Alison said to Jack.

         “We are not going home just yet”           

         “Why?”

         “I want to take you somewhere special.”  Jack told Alison.

         “What about the kids.”  Alison asked.

         “I called, they are doing fine.  Janet picked up her and Abby’s kids, Michael picked up Thomas and Ethan and the rest are going to crash at our house.”  Jack told Alison.

         Jack parked the car and the couple began to walk hand in hand.  The night sky was cloudy but you could see a few stars through the clouds and the lights of the city reflected off the river.

         Alison began to remember the first time that she walked this path with Jack.  “Do you remember the first time we walked along this path?”

         “Yep.”  Jack simply answered.

         “Why does life seem more simple when we are here?”  Alison asked looking out over the river.

         “I don’t know.”  Jack said sitting down on the bench, watching Alison as she stood at the fence looking at the river.

         “You know, I wonder what Gail thought her life was going to be like.  I know she never thought she would be abused.”  Alison was pushing her own problems away.

         “How did you think your life would turn out?”  Jack asked Alison not moving from the bench.          

         “I never thought that I would be an actress. I don’t know if I really had any plans.”  Alison said to Jack.  “I remember I just wanted to get through the course.  If I could just come in the top three fastest times, then Thunder and I were on our way to the Nationals Cross County Steeple tourney.

         “Then it happened.  My life changed a lot that day.”  Alison said to Jack.  “My dancing career was over, Thunder was forced into retirement.”  Jack continued to sit and listen to Alison, when she continued.  “Beth was there when I woke up from surgery.  She asked me if I was ok and I said yes.  She then went on to tell me about a part in a movie that she wanted to read for.”  Alison stopped and turned to Jack.

         “I never wanted any of this.  All I want was to be a housewife.  I just wanted to be happy.”  Alison said to Jack.

         “Come sit.”  Jack instructed Alison.  “You have not been happy for a long time, and I don’t know how unhappy you really are.”  Jack continued.          

         “I have not been happy for a long time.”  Alison said sadly with a tears in her eyes.

         “Is there anything I can do to make you happy again?” Jack asked beginning to worry about his wife.

         “I don’t know.”  Alison said getting up and walking away.



NOTE: copywrite 2010
© Copyright 2011 Snookie (snookie32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738813-Unhappy