*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738975-Becoming-a-Parent
by mask
Rated: E · Article · Family · #1738975
How having children changes your life
I look in the mirror and I can still see myself as a teenager. My body is not as petite as it was fifteen years ago, but there are still signs of youth in my looks and appearance and I am under five feet, which brings shock and disbelief to any stranger that passes me when I am walking with my two children and they call out "Mummy!" to me.

Having children not only changes outward appearances - which in some cases also creates an inferiority complex...your entire mentality changes. You stop waking up in the morning wondering what to wear to the office or what shade of make-up goes with the new shoes you have on. You entire focus is preparing lunch and packing bags and remembering to drop in the medicine in the baby bag because of the slight fever last night, and upsizing the diapers when next you go the supermarket cause their legs are beginning to cut.

Just remember Ladies - just because your entire life has changed with these little people, this does not mean you have to.


© Copyright 2011 mask (ms.mask at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1738975-Becoming-a-Parent