*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739323-A-life-in-shadows
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #1739323
Under the mask of peace there is war, a war where the soldiers are beyond typical.
Prologue

After years of wars and inner turmoil, everything changed as another world war fell over the earth, all nations now engaged in its fighting. Eventually the fighting stopped, not because one side was better than the other, because the beloved technology of the human race finally crashed, and various resources have all but dried up.

Now all were back at the start, forced to dismantle useless phone lines, planes, televisions, and cars, using instead intricate letter systems, ships, horses, and carriages. Weapons now useless due to the systems failing were also destroyed, along with other weapons to create a semblance of peace around the world.

As new cities were built, but not as big or grand as those of old, maps were being redrawn. For many nations have changed due to many bombs, and natural disasters that tore at their lands, the nations were still there of course, but if the past could see it, they would be unsure which land was which. Some once hot places were now colder than normal, while nations that were once attached to each other had an ocean separating them now.

Alas under this sense of peace tucked away in the background, a whole new war has arisen, a silent one at that. The public had some idea that something was wrong, but very few knew what. Rumours have surfaced though; rumours have technology that was started before the crash, before the change, of the technology being used on children, babies.

Of course there is no proof, for the battles are not out in public, they occur in secret, deaths appear without cause or rhyme in the public's eye. Death comes and blood is spilled in rich houses, in alley ways, places right under people's very noses, or in jungles, in unused fields, places far from towns and cities. Those who know of it, keep the secret under lock and key, under an oath that if broken, they will be disposed of immediately. Secrets come and go as people die; tensions grow under the illusion of peace.
© Copyright 2011 Thinkwrite (wittenword at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1739323-A-life-in-shadows