*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740026-Match-factory-Girl-1
Rated: E · Short Story · History · #1740026
Story of Victorian ere. CHAPTER 1!!!!
Chapter I

Rosetta walked some more, trying to trace the dim edges of the cobble stones on the floor. It was snowing hard, it seemed to all the folk round here that it was the worst in a while. She was returning from what seemed the worst day at the Clothes Sweatshop, but unknown to Wise Lise why it seemed the worst.
After what seemed an eternity of walking, Rosetta came across a large rock centred at the side of the cobbles. She thought she better be seated. She brushed the white flakes off the rock, and was seated. She wasn't saw where she was or what was happening here. She couldn't see a thing through the settling snow and fog. Eventually she heard the clapping of hoofs, and along came a horse with a carriage. They both came to a hault, and without saying a word Rosetta was hauled on in the carriage.
"Were'd you appen to be going, fine lady. At this hour, you'll be catching ye death o' cold!" the driver said.
"Home, well... Woodcut Lane number 27....." Rosetta said, chattering with cold. Someone wrapped a warm blanket round her shivering body, and before long, Rosetta soon passed out in the comfort of leather seats and warm blankets.


END OF CHAPTER I
© Copyright 2011 DivaB9908 (divab99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740026-Match-factory-Girl-1