*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740185-Coming-Across-a-Stranger
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1740185
Often, we have come across unknown faces who are more introduced as strangers.
Coming Across a Stranger

Often, we have come across unknown faces who are more introduced as strangers. Specially, this happens when we are travelling or out of our home for a while. This incident took place during the winter months, while I was coming back home in the evening. I was waiting to cross the road which is one of the busiest roads in our city, a dangerous zone for accidents. So, I was cautious while crossing the road and took several attempts but became a failure at every step. What made be go back? A fear of facing an accident or was preoccupied with something that was not necessary at that time. It was a bit of frustrating for me that I was unable to cross a road while the vehicles were waiting for the traffic signal.

Suddenly, a man running from one corner of the road forcefully pulled my hand and rushed me to cross the road. After crossing the road with him, I turned back and realized that I was finally trying to cross the road while the traffic signal just broke out for the vehicles to run on the road. This is an incident which happens with most of the people. We are used to the busy life and have adopted a habit of living in risks. Not only this we have never ever tried to think and move on life peacefully. Following the rules of traffic is a norm but breaking them is a habit that we all have adopted. Though I realized what I was up to but didn’t recognize the man who was standing beside me and shouting on the top of his voice asking me, “What made u cross the road in this way?” Why will I answer him?  I thought, in spite of knowing that he saved my life. The least we all conclude by saying ‘Thank you’. But this didn’t happen this time. He continued asking me about my whereabouts like family and other common names that he was picking. Knocking my memories I understood that he was no more a stranger but an old friend who I didn’t remember even by a name. His questions were many to be answered because he went on and on without any pause, until I didn’t stop telling him, “I am fine and doing well in life’. Finally, he smiled and bid good bye!

This is what we all mean and feel for our old friends who are lost in the journey of our life and meet them often as strangers. Very few are remembered by names but they always remain in our hearts and leaving them again by wishing ‘Good Luck’ and ‘Good bye’ is another way to keep their memories fresh in our mind. This is a common experience for many people and this kind of feeling sometimes, creates a nostalgic mood for a while.

© Copyright 2011 Deepshikha (pensdown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740185-Coming-Across-a-Stranger