*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740506-Punctuation-Lesson-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1740506
Punctuation Station lesson 1 assignment
My name is Jessica. I chose my handle because I didn't want anyone to know my real name online. Now, I don't care as much. I live in Frostproof Fl, a rather small town, so I don't hang out at the beach or amusement parkss often. Isn't that what they show in movies most of the time? Only one is really close to where I live! There is nothing too interesting to know about me: I used to be a big fan of anime and manga, but I stopped being interested in it a while ago, which people don't seem to realize (but I do still like FMA). I generally do not get involved on sites much, just browse, I am also taking Sunrise and Comma Kazi though.

I'm not sure how I discovered I was a writer, it just seemed to grow naturally after reading a lot, which I need to get back in the habbit of doing. I like to write fantasy, and I want to try my hand at supernatural/paranormal, and maybe mystery. I don't write many short stories, mainly start trying to write novels, and then giving up on them. I think for a certain project some of the "novels" I planned to write I will turn into short stories. I've never had anything published, I feel that's a long way off for me. On a scale of one to ten, I would say six or seven. My writing goals include completing a novel using Holly Lisle's How to Think Sideways, and How to Revise Your Novel courses, turning those not even 10% done novels into short stories, completing the Big Yellow Board workshop on Wriye, and write 250k this year, also a wriye goal, plus use 750words.com to write at least that many words every day.

My favorite book is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, probably the best-known fantasy book and author, with J.K.R's Harry Potter a close second. I don't read as much as should, though I used to. I actually intend to finish reading the History of Middle Earth Series as a short term goal.

Words: 352


This is a revised Version of the above:
My name is Jessica. I chose my handle at a time when I didn't want anyone to know my real name online. Now, I don't care as much. I live in Frostproof Fl, a rather small town. I don't hang out at the beach or amusement parkss often. Isn't that what they show in movies most of the time? Only one is really close to where I live! There is nothing really interesting to know about me: I used to be a big fan of anime and manga, but I stopped being interested in it a while ago (though I still like FMA). People don't seem to realize that I'm not intersted in it anymore. I generally do not get involved on sites much, just browse, but I am also taking Sunrise and Comma Kazi.

I'm not sure how I discovered I was a writer. It just seemed to grow naturally after reading a lot. I like to write fantasy, and I want to try my hand at supernatural/paranormal. I don't write many short stories. For the most part, I start trying to write novels, and then give up on them. For a project I'm taking some of the "novels" I planned to writeand turning them into short stories. I've never had anything published, I feel that's a long way off for me. On a scale of one to ten, I would say six or seven. My writing goals include completing a novel using Ms. Lisle's How to Think Sideways and How to Revise Your Novel courses, turning those not even 10% done novels into short stories, completing the Big Yellow Board workshop and writing 250k this year, both wriye goals, and using 750words.com to write at least that many words every day. I'm also looking into trying out new genres, not as close to those listed above.

My favorite book is Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, probably the best-known fantasy book and author, with J.K.R's Harry Potter series a close second. I don't read as much as should, though I used to. I intend to finish reading The History of Middle Earth and Wheel of Time series this year.

Words: 360
© Copyright 2011 AvaBrooke (avabrooke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740506-Punctuation-Lesson-1