*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740645-Requiem-of-the-End-C2-Left-Alone
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #1740645
Chapter 2 of my story. Make sure to read chapter 1 first.
It seemed like after turning off the television, the world just stopped. All sounds of wildlife or civilization had been long gone making even the slightest outside noise somewhat exciting. Even the noise of the remaining plants rustling in the wind or the wind against the cracked windows was enough to make someone jump. Sometimes in order to keep cool and not go crazy, Breen would leave his radio recordings outside near the old abandoned town to mimic noises you would here every day before the outbreak. He felt so smart when he decided to place his sound recorders around town just in case he needed false company when the outbreak occurred. These past sounds and his TV recordings were all Breen had left in this new world of one.
When Breen left his home, he went to his old "workshop" out in the woods. He had been able to avoid the people tracking him, and had been living here ever since. Breen brought most of his notes from his office and the majority of the things he brought back from his lab in the CDC building. He had previously stocked his workshop with supplies he would need to survive. To simplify this; Breen was more than prepared for the outbreak.
He had hoped that he would be able to bring his lab assistant, Charles “Chuck” Hanson, but things didn’t work out the way Breen had planned. With Chuck dead, Breen had to do his experiments by himself unless there were more like him out there. Doubtful, if anyone was out there alive then they would have had more to do with the infection outbreak then Breen. After all, Breen and Chuck were the only ones somehow immune although Chuck couldn’t live with that fact. His death was tragic. Now, all alone, Breen was ready for part two of the outbreak to take place.
© Copyright 2011 TDS/MCW (thedarkerstory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740645-Requiem-of-the-End-C2-Left-Alone