*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740812-He-Always-knew
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1740812
Trevor knew me all too well, if only I realized it.
He turned toward me and pointed at the sunset ahead. The pink and purple sky, above the sparkling ocean was a picture perfect moment. I could hear the waves, a subtle sound, in the background and the warm air around me. As I was gazing at the sky he gently grabbed my hand and our eyes locked. He tucked my hair behind my ear and I blushed. As soon as he started to lean in I got a fuzzy feeling inside. This was my first kiss, but before our lips met, my alarm went off. I had been having this dream every night since I realized my family was going to the beach for spring break, which was only a week away! I had never been to the beach before, and even though it brought back sad memories I was willing to let them go.

The dream always felt so real, but when I woke up I was still boring old me. T-shirts and jeans, my hair was never perfect, make-up wasn't in my vocabulary, glasses, and my only friend I've ever had, drowned when we were in seventh grade. She always told me I was great, and no one could come between us. She was my best friend and the most amazing person in the world. She never cared what people thought about her, and always knew what to do and say. She was friends with everyone and yet she chose me. Me out of everyone to be her friend.

My mom said I could get contacts, which would also allow mascara to be of use to me, when school let out for the break. I was so excited, and I hoped it would help. I started to get ready for school and thought again about Trevor. He had actually been nice to me in eighth grade and I thought we were friends, but that was my delema. He looked too much into his image and what people thought about him. Once word got around that we were hanging out, we never did again. He wasn't ever rude, but we didn't really talk again. Since then I have had a crush on him. I had thought about sending him a letter, but one, he had since then move to a new address, and two, that was a stupid idea.

He was the one in my dream. The one I thought about every second of the day, but not once thought of me. I ran downstairs and made a bagel with cream cheese, my favorite to be truthful along with bacon, and then sat down by my sister Emily. She was twelve years old and in seventh grade. Her birthday was in coming up and she would be turning 13. Compared to me she wasn't very tall, but this obviously was not a great factor to have. She had plenty of friends while I had none. I spent my saturday nights studying and reading while she had sleepovers. Inside I was very jealous but she never boasted or bragged or rubbed it in my face. Her hair was blond like mine, her eyes more of a hazel than green like mine, and had perfect teeth while I had braces. She could get by wearing a t-shirt just like me, and yet she still looked pretty.

We talked and she told me she was going to Molly's for the night and she wouldn't see me later that day. It was okay but I always missed her when it was just me at home. After that I went out to the car and two seconds later dad got in. My mom took Emily to school on her way to work and my dad took me, even though I was the one driving.my mom worked in an office building designing websites and progrhams for a corperation. I liked it though because she didn't work on weekends. My dad was an architect which meant her would work downtown for some of the days and the rest he worked in his office. My school was on the opposite of town than Em's. She went to Franklin middle school and I went to R. J. Thompson Highschool. Thompson was the magnet highschool for ****, Texas. Her school was a couple minutes from our house, and mine was on the south end of town. It would be a few months under a year until I got my license, and yet, I wasn't even excited about it. I had no friends who's house I could drive to, no parties to attend, and maybe if I was lucky mom would ask me to drive the two blocks to the grocery store.

"So honey, what will you be doing on Thursday and Friday?" he asked, even though he knew the answer. We had semester tests at the end of the week but I didn't have to take them because my grades were well above average. I did extra work because I understood the information before my classmates so I already took the tests. Yes, even though I was socialy invisible, with all my spare time I got a lot of work done. The schools have offerend plenty of times to go ahead a grade, but I have refused. I'm not sure why but everytime I was asked I said no. I just thought, that maybe, one day, Someone would know my name, and in staying for the full four years I would have a better chance.

"Yes dad, I will be at home if that's what your asking," I said with a grin, "and yes, I will clean the house and do the laundry and get out the suitcases and get everything ready for our trip, if that too is what your asking?"

With that, he was satisfied and I turned on the radio, got a "ten and two honey" from dad, and then I started singing Kesha while my dad grimiced at the thought of having that stuck in his head all day. We pulled up to school just minutes before the bell would ring and I got out while my dad got into the drivers side. We waved goodbye and I walked shyly past everyone, head down. I menouvered my way through the groups of people untill I was mere feet from the door. A couple minutes later the bell rang and a sea of people flooded through the doors and I was just another fish swimming alone in a school. I got to biology and headed to my seat. Once classes started I was fine. I zoned out all the laughter and yelling and complaining and just took a deep breath. Usually I thought about the book I was reading that week, or what I was writing.

My dads best friend since grade school used to write for tv shows. I told my dad that I had taken inerest in writing screenplays and he told his friend about it. It turned out that he was currently writing a screenplay and asked me if I wanted to help him with it and Of course I did. I also asked him if he would help me with my own screenplay. He agreed and now every weekend he comes over and we show eachother what we have gotten done so far. When the classes got reviews for our tests I would work on my writing. Unfortunately right now I couldn't write anything because I lost my papers, or, someone stole them. I'm hoping that I lost them at my house because if someone stole them my life would be over. Yes, more than it already was. My movie is about me, as well as Trevor. And I used our names because I couldn't think of the best names for it yet. Which means that everyone would find out about it and my life would be over.

"Abigail, can you please tell the class how many*******?" asked Mr. Cartwright.

"***." I said.

"Right." he said.

I heard girls wisper to eachother what a nerd and loser I was and how it was no wonder I didn't have any friends, but I just shrugged it off. Over the years I've learned to not listen to what other people say, but sometimes you just can't. Jenny used to help me forget what people said and remember how much better I was then them, but she's gone now, and I like to remember her how she was. She's also in my movie and that's how I keep her alive. I still rememer that summer when my parents told me she was gone. I couldnt even begin to think of how life would be. She was the only reason people knew my name at all. And the only reason I met Trevor. What I realized now was that she was the only reason we even talked. She introduced us. That's in the past and right now I am going to focus on biology.

By lunch I was about to die of boardom. That wasn't even possible but I knew I would be the first person to do it. I could see it now "Breaking news, Abigail James, first person to die of boardom!" and I could imagion people going "Who's Abigail James?" i walked into the restroom and saw lots of girls. Girls doing there make-up and fixing there hair. Some crying to friends and some banging on the stall door because all the stalls were occupied. I just waited behind who i assumed was the last girl in line and just listened to everyone. That was something I was good at, listening that is. I learned lots of things by doing that. Things like what voles you can wear if you have blue eye or how bracy dropped out of school or that Cam was cheating on Stephanie. This was just something I did even when I didn't know I was doing it. Two girls were standing in front of me talking at warp speed but I also learned that that's how girls talk so I'm used to it by now. I recognized them from somewhere but I wasn't sure where. Then I remembered that they were on the freshman volleyball team. I saw them play once because student council got points for watching the sports events. They weren't very good. Y'all are probobly wondering, "What does she know about volleyball?" but im acually really good. I didn't try out because I didn't have room in my schedual but my mom is forcing me to next year since I'm already taking extra classes. She played when she was in highschool so I just learned the game one day. Anyways, I overheard one of them mention Trevors name. They were talking about how hott he was, which wasn't a lie. He was tall, had blond hair that was perfect. He did the head fick thing where it fell into place. He had crystal blue eyes and the longest eyelashes. The kind that boys always get and girl never do. He also had a perfect smile to go along with a perfect laugh. I heard one of them talking abouthow lucky he was to be going to the Bahamas for spring break and I almost died right there. I was going to The Bahamas for spring break too! This was crazy! I left the restroom and headed to lunch with a smile on face, which made people look at me funny, but I was used to it. I sat down at the corner table and took out my lunch from my backpack. It always took a while because the handle of the zipper fell off. It got caught all the time, but hey, at least no one would steal my lunch. When I looked back up I saw him, Trevor. Walking right there. About four steps ahead with all his friends. I wanted to run up to him and ask him about what he was doing in the Bahamas, where he was staying, and what dates he was going to be there. Then I remembered all his friends by him, and how he wouldn't even acknowlage that I asked him a question, and then the moment was gone. I was still so excited at the idea of him being their too, and I continued to smile. I pulled out my lunch. The usual, turkey sandwhich with American cheese and mustard, lays, lemonade in a can, humus and celery. My dad packed my lunch. Yes I know, very kindergarten but it was fine with me. He woke up early every morning. He made his, my moms, my sisters, and I's lunches and lined them by the front door. It was routine and he liked doing it. Throughout lunch I would day dream my dream from last night but continue it where I normally woke up at.

When the bell rang to go to my next class I flowed through the people and up the stairs to my English class. I stopped up ahead of the classroom door at the corner of the hallway to get hand sanitizer. I did this everyday, but today someone ran into me. No one was ever here at this time throughout the whole year. It was weird and the sanitizer flew all over them and onto my glasses. I took off my glasses and satarted to wipe the hand sanitizer off of them, but they slipped and fell out of my hands. I bent down to pick them up but I just looked like an idiot feeling around the ground for my glasses. They bent down and picked up my glasses for me. They put them on for me and when I looked up I saw that Trevor had put my glasses on for me. I was about to faint when I noticed I had flown hand sanitizer all over him. I had no idea what to say, but I finally said, "Sorry, and thanks."

Trevor said, "Dont worry about it," and then continued and asked, "but can you go tell Mrs. Bell that I'm in the restroom and that I got transferred to her class this period?"

"Sure," I said almost so softly that I'm surprised he even heard me.

"Thanks," he said, and then turned the corner to the restroom.

I walked down the hall to the class room, bit couldn't stop picturing how his eyes stared into mine. Ge had looked right at me and smiled. He hadn't gotten mad or yelled he just acted like it was no big deal. I floated through the door feeling like I was on a cloud. I headed toward Mrs. Bell's desk, and told her what Trevor had told me. Then i went and took my seat. English was my favorite subject and now Trevor was in my class. The only bad thing was I sat behind Riley and Blair. Riley was directly in front of me and Blair was to the left of her. They were so distracting. Trevor walked in and all the girls, especially Blair and Riley, got excited. They sat up straight and fixed their hair and batted their eyelashes, but he didn't even notice them. He just walked to Mrs. Bell and she told him where to sit. Then I noticed he was walking right toward me. I glanced to my right a saw that the empty seat was right beside me. Trevor Mason would be sitting right next to me.

I was about to tap him and ask him about spring break when Mrs. Bell started to talk. We were reading the crucible and I assumed that Trevor would get lost in the commotion and questions that everyone had. Mrs. Bell said that the whole class was confused on the book so I assumed she meant all her classes. As Riley was talking and trying to sound smart a piece of paper dropped on my desk.
© Copyright 2011 Bethie Lou (bethielou20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740812-He-Always-knew