*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740970-Government
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Essay · Business · #1740970
Ariz. Shooting, Government & Big Business
*Please excuse bad spelling and grammar*

I have been reading about the recent Arizona Shootings.  I will be blunt and honest,  I was not shocked or horrified that a politician had been gunned down.  I WAS horrified that other innocent bystanders were hurt and killed.  We all know that politicians are not very well liked,  but to shoot the woman?  What was that supposed to accomplish?  And why kill and hurt innocent bystanders who are just everyday people like yourself? 

So I started reading the articles on Jared Loughner and although he seems to be a very depressed, off-kilter, individual he did have one very valid question  "What is government if words have no meaning?"    Our government stands for the people to protect and serve the people.  A man's word is his honor and his honor is only as good as his words,  So Jard Loughner asked the question that we all want answered.  What good is our government if their words are lies and they have no honor?

I don't believe Jared should have resorted to violence and I think he should get in the express lane to the electric chair. I pray for those have lost family members to such a tradgedy that made no sense,  But I also pray for his parents because they have also lost a family member to the darkness inside of his mind and soul and will probably lose him to the electric chair.

In the meantime maybe the politicans in our country should take a long hard look at themselves and our country and start standing up to the bullies, such as big business, who take advantage of  the average everyday citizen and hold us back.

The Government stepped in to try and help those of us in debt.  In retaliation Banks have tripled credit card interest rates, cut lines of credit,  reduced interest rates on investment and savings,  and instituted any kind of fee you can think of.  No more free checking,  No more free ATM withdrawals,  What's next? 

What did the government do when the Banks retaliated against the consumer?  NOTHING!

The government is trying to make health care more affordable and accesible to the average citizen.  Big Companies like Wal-Mart and McDonalds turned around and said if the government passes these laws they are yanking and will not offer any benefits to their employees.    What did the government do?  NOTHING!

Oh and a little side note,  Michael Duke,  CEO of Wal-Mart makes over 300 times more money an hour then the average Wal-Mart store employee.    Yet prices go up and quality goes down.    Well Mike,  while you're wiping your ass with that gold encrusted toilet paper on your $20,000 toilet I hope you're happy. 

Big Business bullies us and runs the Government and the Middle Class pays for it.  I'm tired of being gouged out of my hard earned money.  I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck and constantly worrying about the future and what will happen to my daughter.   

So Jared Loughner,  while you are in that express lane to the electric chair,  I pray for your soul and hope that someday someone will have the sense and the capability to CALMLY and not use violence to ask the question that you brought to light. 
 
© Copyright 2011 Ruth Dark (tracydonnelly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740970-Government