*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741659-crawlspace
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #1741659
for a longtime, this was my favorite piece that i had written.

the swiftness of air drags me skyward to the cloudless skies of pressure.
from my watchtower of sight, vast expansions of nothing spread out like fields of empty darkness with the faint glimmering lights of heaven ablaze on the unseen horizon.
clouds roll in silence, gently caressing my body engage in flight as i soar higher.
my wings expand with milky white feathers breathing the air of the gods.
at the glimpse of hades below, blood and bile fill my cavities bringing forth terror and
excitement all at once.
spirits rise from the depths, as ghostly visions haunt my eyes, my pupils rapidly flexing
to engulf the void.
the flames of stars burn in eternal darkness leading to nowhere, but still the foggy glint
of human existence shows forth in a hazy vision.
the world is a sheet of fire, my soul screams with the images of returning to the flames
of hell.
now because of my taste of freedom i am different from the others.
hollow bones support my life force instead of human weaknesses.
i dare not continue in the concrete chambers of wax, continually melting.
above it all, silence is all i hear, it insists i must remain but i must return.
the flesh of my bones crawls as i gently descend to the cinder blocks of fire.
my feet reach impact as my body twitches when skin touches earth, the zombies welcome me home.
the charade of life continues as before, but i am no longer in leagues with death.
for the milk of human kindness has turned to poison and life has turned into and
unsavory proposition.
i am never to be liberated, because the shackles of lies has forever trapped me in a world i didn't make and a society i can't comprehend.
for now i am trapped and look forward to death, but i am unique because i have seen
beyond my crawlspace.

joel.
© Copyright 2011 joel kenyon (joelkenyon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1741659-crawlspace