*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742690-One-too-many
by Pachez
Rated: E · Monologue · Drama · #1742690
It's all about love in this world.
Standing on the edge of a cliff, wind rushing through your hair, eyes tearing, heart racing, the rocks below teasing you to make that daring fall, you can't help but think.

The birds above move past you in slow motion, the waves in the sea freeze, the only thing moving is you and the cold wind. You think about why you're there. About what called you to the cliff's edge. Love? Hate? Sadness? Pain? or a combo of them all.

Love got me because I had none of it. No one cared for me enough to ever say I love you.
Hate could have pulled me up the mountain because I was filled with it. Probably because of the pain I felt when I was shunned away from the society for being an outsider. For being a street kid. The sadness could have smoothed me into coming here. I was sad and I wanted to get rid of it.

I think whether to jump or not. I was probably there for a few minutes but it felt like eons and eons. I decide not to. I mean, am only a kid life is bound to come around.

I turn from the cliff and sigh. Tomorrow is another day. I open my eyes and in front of me was the most dazzling display of beauty. A girl standing there, waiting for no one but me. She cared enough to follow me. A rush of emotions hit me so hard I'm taken aback. I took a step back but it was one step too many.
© Copyright 2011 Pachez (parchez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742690-One-too-many