*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742803-Wild-Hearts
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1742803
Logan is rich. That's all there is to it. She's to learn there's more to life than money.
"Logan? Honey, come on it's time to go. Toby will love you just the same, no matter how you look." I roll my eyes at my mom even though I know she can't see. I brush a little more glitter through my hair before I slip on my Delo's and run down the stairs. My maid grabs my coat and slips it on over my midnight blue strapless dress. I run out to the limo and my dad orders the driver to the address of tonight's party.

"Jesus Logan the next time your mother says five minutes its two. Now we're late." My father says.

"I thought your motto was fashionably late." I mutter, but not quietly enough.

"Watch what you say in my car Logan." My dad says in a low voice. This time I really do keep my mouth shut. His low voice only comes when he's really angry. Only when he's already joined his dear old friend Bourbon. We arrive at the estate for the party and we climb out of the car, almost simultaneously. Years of arriving at a party like this has as all in perfect syncrhonization. I walk towards the house in the middle of my parents as dumb morons take our picture. It's not that I mind having my picture taken, I mean I know I'm beautiful being a spitting image of my mother who at 47 still is at the top of her game. We both have long blond wavy hair and angular jaws that artists would cry when they painted. Perfect shaped bodies, ones girls most my age would die for, big in the right places and small in the right places. While my mother has blue eyes I have green though.

My father at 49 looks 26, but I blame all the surgeries he's had done. My mother is still all natural.

My mother is beautiful. I truly envy her. Most of my friends think I'm crazy for envying a nearly 50 year old woman but they don't know my mom like I do. She's always so laid-back, unless she truly needs to be stressed. And she always seems so...happy.

We walk through the large french doors on the estate and I'm interuppted in my thinking by a loud burst of laughter and chattering from all the families in the world who are, in money talk, rich. People greet my mother and father and soon they have drinks in their hand. My cue to leave. I head to the kitchen and I open the swinging door to see Toby. I immediately smile as he sees me and his face lights up. Toby's my best friend of 17 years, boyfriend of two. And, I honestly believe I'm in love with him. Of course I haven't told him that yet.

He jumps off the counter and sweeps me in his arms. The caterers who are still in the kitchen ooh and ahh as he kisses me and we laugh.

"Hey baby." He murmers around our kiss and he sets me back down. His eyes sparkle and I'm not sure if it's because of seeing me or he possibly has decided to take a sip or two, or several, of wine.

He leads me out into the living room where a caterer offers us a glass of wine. I'm about to shake my head no when Toby grabs a glass.
© Copyright 2011 autumn_2015 (autumn_2015 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1742803-Wild-Hearts