*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743079-To-Be-Deterimind-Any-Ideas
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1743079
I am just writing from my mind and have no idea where this will end up.
He saved my career, no, he saved my life. Without him I would probably be hiding in a dark cubicle in a high-rise office building in Downtown Chicago barely supporting a family. He was my high-school Chemistry teacher and Head Football Coach. His named was Mr. Fredricks but whether you were in class or on the field, it was just coach. I loved chemistry and football; you could say that those were my only two great loves life. If i wasn't playing football in my backyard or playing on my Xbox 360, I was learning chemistry. You could say I was a smart kid, getting mostly 'A's with a 'B' or to in the classes i didn't like (usually Spanish and history).
I remember the day like it was yesterday...It was Thursday March 12 and I was chemistry and had just finished the third test of the day when coach approached me about talking to a college scout from Michigan State University. I had always been a Michigan state fan having spent half of my life there, and when the guy started talking about what i wanted to do with my life, I knew that Coach had been looking after me and was trying to get me a scholarship. He told me that him and other college scouts had been watching me play since early on in my sophomore season (I was currently a senior). We talked until the end of the period about my future then he let me go saying that he had to go back to the university with a report on whether or not I was interested. I told him that I was defiantly interested and was looking into going to M.S.U. even without a scholarship. I then thanked Coach and headed for calculus, my last class of the day. I was having trouble focusing during class and kept zoning out because of the thoughts of getting a scholarship to my dream college. When I got home from football practice that night, I went to take a shower and caught a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror on the open closet door. I was in good shape for the offseason; at six foot one inch and 195 pound, I believed that I could go up against any defensive back in the conference with confidence that I could beat them. After I showered, I tried to get back to my studies but it was hard with the ideas of a scholarship still on my mind. I decided to put it out of my mind until football season and then show the scouts that it is a good idea to have me on their team.



This is a work in progress. Please comment on how it is so far.






© Copyright 2011 CottonKing (mayhakc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743079-To-Be-Deterimind-Any-Ideas