*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743433-Lesson-2---Assignment-2
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1743433
In 1st person pov, write both sides of a fight.
To Drive or Not To Drive?

From the daughter's POV

"Dad, let me drive home, please? I'll be really, really careful. It's only a mile."

This was the reason I rode with Dad to the store to pick up milk for Mom. I put on my most begging, sorrowful, feel sorry for me face ever. I waved my driver's permit through the air and said, "Look, it's growing mold, Dad. You've got to let me drive sometime."

"Well, I don't know. It's against my better judgment, but just go really slow, okay?"

I slid into the driver's seat and buckled up while Dad did the same. I started the engine, slid the lever into reverse, and began to slowly creep out of the parking spot while looking over my right shoulder for oncoming cars. The bump surprised the heck out of me as my eyes went to the rearview mirror. Nothing. Then I looked to my left and realized someone had started backing out of their spot across the way from me. Crap!

Dad was fuming. "Now look what you've done. I knew I shouldn't have let you drive. Any idiot could have seen that guy backing out of his spot."

Dad's face was turning purple as I hunkered down in my seat. "I'm sorry, Dad. I know I started out first. He should have seen me and waited." I'll be an old woman before I ever get to drive again.

Dad slung open his door and walked around to look at the damage. I slid over into his seat as the tears began to flow.


From the dad's POV

I'm glad Sandy rode to the store with me and went in to get the milk. She can be really sweet sometimes. She must know I'm not feeling too good. What's she coming up to my side for?

"Dad, let me drive home, please? I'll be really, really careful. It's only a mile."

Oh...I got it. So this is the reason she's being so nice. Sandy started waving her driver's permit at me. I knew it would come to this sooner or later. Why now?

"It's growing mold, Dad. You've got to let me drive sometime."

"I thought you wanted to be helpful because I didn't feel good, but now I see the real reason you came along with me. You shouldn't be so deceitful, young lady."

"Please, Dad. I'll be careful."

This girl could talk me into anything. "Okay, against my better judgment, hop in and buckle up, and go slow." I walked around and got into the passenger's seat.

I watched open-mouthed as Sandy started the car, threw it into reverse and lurched out of the parking spot. Before I had time to say "Boo", she rammed right into the fellow backing out across the way. I knew I should have said "no". It'll be a cold day before she gets behind the wheel again!

© Copyright 2011 Happy April 2024! (biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743433-Lesson-2---Assignment-2