*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743449-Interactive-Art
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1743449
Flash fiction daily for 1/19
Jake knew he’d made a mistake when the door closed behind him with a hiss and a thunk, causing his ears to pop with the increased air pressure. He was doubly sure when water started gushing up at his feet. He pounded and pushed on the tinted glass around him. He used the small area of the phone booth sized room to his advantage, bracing himself between the walls and pushing. It did not budge. The water was now at his knees. He turned back to the plaque he had been reading before the door had slammed shut on him.

The door will open from the outside.


There was plenty of foot traffic through this park, someone had to see him! He frantically jumped and waved his arms, yelling at the dark glass. He saw shapes moving by, but they payed him no mind. The water was at his neck. Could no one see? Did no one care? It was impossible to make eye contact through the tinted glass, he was only a shadow to them. The water was above his head now. It filled his ears, turning his world to cold silence. Soon it filled his lungs.

~


Some motion caught Alex’s eye as he walked down the path. There was that display again, ‘The Drowning Man’. It had showed up about a week ago. He saw it on his walk home every day. Sometimes it was filled with water, with moving shadows in the shape of a man. Sometimes it was empty and open. Now he could see water draining out of it, and heard a hiss as the door opened. He had always been curious what the point of it was. He approached the door. There was a plaque inside, but he couldn't quite read it...

word count: 298
© Copyright 2011 professional crastinator (jonasd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743449-Interactive-Art