*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743804-Dragon-Rebellion-Ch1
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1743804
The Homeless-Outcast Johnny goes to the town of blackpool and discovers an odd house.
I know that every other word is mispelled
i know this has nothing to do with dragons(but it will in later chapter)
But i dont know how intrested people would be in reading it
I know that begginings are the most important part
Any advice would be appreciatedd


Dragon Rebellion

         Johnny is the outcast. He had no idea why he just was. There was nothing Peculier about him infact if anything he was just a normal boy. But for some odd reason the others always riddiculed him and made fun of him. When moving to new abandonded houses Johnny always had the last pick for his room. When they all sat down to eat the table scraps they had found earlier in the Johnny was only allowed what was left over from the others. And when the children had nothing to do they often beat him and most nights he never got any sleep either becuse he couldnt stop crying or beacuse he had nothing to warm him at night.
          And the group always made decisions without him and out of everything this is what bothered him most. In his mind he would be the best leader because he was the only one that could read. This was the only reason was allowed to tag around with the group was because they needed him. That is also why Johnny stayed with them was because he could never survive alone. Reading was the his only friend. While most boys his age would be reading magizenes about women and cars, Johnny could not resist a book about Magical things. Of course they made his life misrable because he read but it was the subjects on which he read that were the cause of most of his distress.
         He kept a small collection of his favorite books. Unfortunetly they could not be read because the others would rip the pages or mark out certain words. One time a book of his was found with all the words marked out execpt words such as the, and, of, or, a(basicly all common words).There was one book he had found to be the greatest story ever told. In it was stories of massive battles won by noble Kings, A Giant who had been defeated by a boy, sea serpants that swallowed up men whole, and best of all there was a wizard that preformed good deeds for everyone and had somehow defeated all evil just by dying.Johnny kept this book in very special places mostly because it was his most prized possesion. But also because it was given to him by a kind man he met named Walter.
         Walter and Johnny had only met once but somehow Walter had known more about Johnny then Johnny knew about himself. Johnny had been out on the streets one day begging for money and other things that the homeless do daily. Johnny saw the man but did not recall seeing him getting out of a carriage of any kind.He simply just appeared He was  a light brown haried man and had sort of an overbite. Today Johnny would say that he look quite like a mouse. Walter asked him where he was staying(Johnny's clothes were an obvious indication that he was without a permanent home). Johnny did not answer because he was taken aback by the mans sudden apperance and his kindness. Most men walk right by people like Johnny.After a small conversation about trees Walter asked Johnny if he knew how to read.Of course Johnny's response was "Sir i love to read." Walter then proceeded to give Him The King James book it was silver and had a soft cover some words were in red and the words on the cover were purple.Walter made Him promise that he would take great care of the book and to read it every once and a while. Now when Johnny makes a promise he does keep it to achive this one must first becareful n the promises that are made and secondly the word promise must be used in high regard and rarely. Walter shook Johnnys hand and compliminted Johnny on his firm hand shake.
         With that he left just the way he came came and Johnny never forgot the man nor the book.
         Carrying all thosse books around got quite difficult. He kept all the important ones in a seprate sachel then his clothes and other odds and ends.Johnny didnt have much while the others did. Mostly because he refused to steal anything from anyone but also because they never gave him much(they didnt have anything compared to most people).They all had very very little indeed.They spent about a few months in small towns moving to and from abandonded houses every week or so. Once they had spent almost a year in London but problems arrised with the locals. For 16 years Johnny lived like this drifting from town to town, being abused, and hardly he never had any sort of hope for anything better.
         Not many people in Johnny's condition kept up with dates but he always thought it was important. For instance he knew the year he was born(but that was all he really knew about his birth). He knew important dates in history even though he knew hed never have any use for them.Understood the astrology behind dates and often when he couldnt sleep we would study the stars(Johnny read many books on stars). He felt a great affinity for stars especialy when the stayed in the wilderness and he could see them all more clearly.
         That was another diffrence between Johnny and the others. They only cared about their money(though they had very little) and their drugs and alchohal. Johnny stayed away from such things, he did enjoy the occasinal cheap wine, he always thought that thosse kinds of things slowed his mind and he couldnt think striaght. Johnny cared much about his surroundings. Nothing was more beautiful than the plains or the great Thames river. The stars and the clouds, all the things that inhabited the sky and all the nature that dominated the land.It was because of this that he enjoyed the grueling walks inbetween each town.Unfortunetly he was often "chosen" to be the pack mule for the group.This did take much of the fun out of traveling in the countryside, which isnt really any fun to begin with.
         Life was certainly hard for Johnny, infact it is almost impossible to explain all of his daily struggles. But hardships and trails of the past are not too important. What is extraordinary however is how one set of problems(which may seem like the end of the entire world) can be traded for a whole new unique set of challenges, wether trivial or life changeing.
         Chapter 1:Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
         As Johnny read the newspaper out loud Their minds began to race. The King had just died and His son would soon replace him. And of course all the rich ones would be mourning death and soon after would be celebrateing monarchy. Every street kid knew a drunk purse was an open one. Johnny knew what They were planning on doing. The first time they had enough courage to steal Johnny had rebeled against any sort of action, this was immediatly followed by a beating. Johnny knew better to go against Thier decision."We will need to leave today if were goin to there at the 'ight 'ime"
         "Aye, everyone pack up we'll leave tonight."And as usual not a word of grattitude was passed to Johnny for pointing out this opprotunity. The Others were quite exited about the windfall they would soon earn, They sang and yelled as They packed the trinkets and such They had so dihorablely obtained. Johnny very quietly put away his books and sheets and such necceities into his rucksack. And when the sun sank into the hirizon they fled the city scene.
         It was on the outskirts of town that They came to the point where the solid paved city road merged into dusty trails and foothills. It was at there that the clouds covering the sky had moved away so that Johnny could see all the stars in the sky. This made the night easier for him. They carried on walking the trail howling and jokeing around. In genreal Johnny thought them to be like a pack of animals but secretly he wished to partake in thier banter. But he knew if he ever tried any sort of joke or song he would be ridiculed and the obnoxious noise would only escalate.
         Occassionaly a hush would fall over Them. Johnny thought it was a curious thing to do. Whenever any sort of creature made any sort of noise the Others became very frightend. Of course it never really bothered Johnny. In his mind he found himself makeing fun of Thier stupidity(he did so quite alot).Carrigaes seldom passed at night but the ones that did never susspected there was a bunch of loudmouthed criminals nearby. Once They had robbed a carriage that went by but had later decided that it wasnt good to do so because the police in the next town were on high alert to look out for "six or seven dirty clothed ruffians merrily troting along the country road".
         On the road they found a tavern and decided it would be a good place to sleep the day away. As usual They told Johnny that they had come into such a perdiciment in which "we 'ave, unfourtunely, not the coin to buy a room for you lad". Johnny knew the lie and knew it was only natural for him to have to sleep outside with all the odd smells and dirt. As They went inside with thier things Johnny found a large feeding trough out around in the back.
         He laid his bag down beside the manger and opened it. Out of it he took a few sheets and wrapped them around the hard wood. He found a water well and washed his shaggy brown hair. He also took a large sip a of water because, obviously, walking all night without water can make one thirsty.He laid back in the manger and put his hands under his head so that he could look up at the stars. Looking up at the night sky Johnny could make out hundreds if not thousands of stars. His favorite part of the stars where the clouds of stars, parts of the sky lit up in a way that looked like a pink or dark purple cloud.
         Johnny loved all the sparks of white on the complete blackness of the sky. He looked for some of the contellations that he knew about. Unfortunetly he wasnt all to good at that. It took him awhile but eventually he found the Belt of Orion(and natuarlly after that he found Orion). Next he found the two bears then he forgot about all of them and started making his own. His eyes sweeped the sky and made out trees and carriages and crowns until he figured he must have remapped the whole sky. Then he did the next natural thing and started counting the stars. He only got to about 412 before something very strange caought his eye.
         One of the stars (or planets) that Johnny had counted had moved form the spot he had originally counted it from. At first this greatly disappointed him because it may have disturbeb his constellations and his star count, now it was 411. But then Johnny realized he was looking at a shooting star go by right before his eyes. It was a very marvoulus thing to watch. All the other stars stood still and twinkled and shined and flickered on and off. But this one floated across the sky and was consistantly the brightest star Johnny had ever seen in his entire life.
Then he fell asleep.


         It was at that exact moment that Bo-Bo the bear had finnally figured out how to escape the circus. He had never thought of it until recently when a tiger captured from the highlands and escaped back into England. Bo-Bo figured out that bears are naturally larger and stronger than thier human captors. When the man with a colorful coat came by to feed Bo-Bo, he would simply maul the man and run off. Now that may sound easy for us non-bears but for Bo-Bo it took many hours of careful calculations and even some practice swings. Right around sunrise Bo-Bo started grunting and making the many noises a bear can make(many of them mimic the wild colloge male).
         This of corurse caused a great deal of distress for the bear keeper at the circus. Mainly because he had just spent a lovely night with the amazing bearded woman and wanted to sleep in to recover. He very bitterly got up out of his bed and very bitterly got dressed in his brightly colored bloodstained coat. He bitterly walked down to the animal cages and was very bitterly thinking of how much he hated his job and all the great deeds he could do if he had stayed with his mother(like she had, very bitterly, told him to do). He bitterly took a large whip from the rack and very bitterly opened Bo-Bo's cage. Then he procceded to very bitterly whip Bo-Bo.
         Now this wasnt exaclty what Bo-Bo had expected to happen. At first Bo-Bo would just go through with it as he had done before. But then after some odd number of lashings Bo-Bo remembered that if he escaped the man would no longer be his master. And so Bo-Bo steped out of his cage(no it never occured to him to do this before). At first the man only kept whiping the bear and unforuntetly for him this made Bo-Bo quite bitter. With that Bo-Bo the bear very bitterly mauled the bear keeper and his stained coat became a solid dark red.
         Bo-Bo figured his best chance of survival was to find the highland tiger that had escaped before him. This was easy for a bear like Bo-Bo because he had an acute sense of smell and the tiger did not quite fit in with England. But then of course it wouldn't be easy for a bear like Bo-Bo because he was definitly very easy to spot and even Bo-Bo would admit that he was not a smart bear.The tiger on the other hand was a bright creature and Bo-Bo knew that. And so as the sun rose and light filled the sky Bo-Bo began his new life.
                                                           

         Johnny had a certain knack for waking right as the sun was about to set. Of course this was to no bother to him because of all the times of day Johnny's favorite is when the sun sets and rises (If he saw the sun rise he would never get any sleep). He found that the very best part of the sun setting is when one can no longer see the sun but all the light is still in the sky. This also meant that Johnny could wake up before any of the others and thankfully avoid any nasty tricks they could play on him. He climbed out of the manger and washed the sheets and washed his hair and face.
         It wasnt until he was completely packed up that he looked up at the sky and remembered the shooting star he saw the other night(or maybe it was the other morning).But because the light from the sun was still lingering around he was unable to find his little friend. So Johnny got his things and went inside the little tavern. When he opened the door he was greeted by foul air. It seemed to him everything in the building was rotting. From the air to the walls and even some off the drunkards there. He put his things down by the door and found a small booth next to the fireplace. He did nothing but put his head down so as not to draw attention to himself but the hostess had already spotted him and she would not let her prey escape.
         "Your riff-raff friends cause quite a stir last night."(or morning)
"Aye, Bet they did but they are no friends of mine." Johnny's words came out at about a whisper. "Ah I see, can I get you anything or should i just call your..uh..company down." Johnny could tell she was only stabbing at thier relations but decided she had the best intentions at heart."Well it would be quite nice if you could get them up. I think id rather enjoy my peace for a little longer."The hostess smiled a very kind smile"A gentleman like yourself shouldn't hang around ninnys like thosse folk but I suppose I'll get them."
         "Thank you Miss."And with that she gave Johnny one last smile and a wink and went off to fetch his counterparts. It only took a few mintues, in which Johnny read some nasty words on the table, and the hostess returned and told him that They would be down shortly. She wished him luck and he bid her farewell and even tipped her with some of the very few coin he had.Just about when Johnny reached the door They came down the stairs and followed him out the door. There wasnt much talking in the group and it was apparent to Johnny that They had spent much of Thier time last night drinking and wasteing Thier minds and money on lots and lots of whiskey.
         It just so happened that in the time all this happened the suns light dissapeared and clouds covered the sky. But They all knew which road to take and Johnny followed without a word. It wasnt often that They got to stay at an Inn and Johnny could tell They enjoyed the tim They spent there. They calculated it would only take them a day(or night) and a half to get to where they needed to be. At about midnight They regained Thier regular rambuchusness and carried on like they would have had they gotten a golden night of rest.
         

         Bo-Bo the bear and the tiger made quite a strange and yet efficent team. The tiger was a natural hunter and could esily pick off ten men and Bo-Bo was very large and usefull for distracting humans with his circus antics. This, however, had only benifited the tiger so far and Bo-Bo the bear wondered why there was so little meat in humans. But Bo-Bo knew he was about to get some nice flesh in his stomach because both him and the tiger smelled a pack of drunken men. Bo-Bo knew exactly what this smelled like and he knew exactly what the sort of thing did to men.It made them crazy, bitter, loud and best of all dizzy.
         

         Johnny watched as They all danced around the fire and yelled. Johnny actually thought it was kind of funny and he made fun of them in his mind(as he often did). Of course alot of the time They made fun of him for not joining in on the fun. Johnny knew that even if he were to drink the whiskey or smoke the pipe he would probably only be beaten. So Johnny just made his bed and laid in it watching the stars as he often did. From time to time he stole  glance at Them just to keep his mind going. However he looked over a time and saw a strange thing in the bushes over by the fire. A pair of green gems were there ocassonailly turning black for a second.
         Now some might say that Johnny had a pretty darn level head about him )(and he would humbly agree). There was something quite odd about thosse two gems. After about a minute or two of staring right at them he decided they must be staring right back at him and obviously gems cannot stare. With that Johnny knew there must be an actual wild crature hidding in the bushes waiting to attack his...company. This made Johnny somewhat bitter.
         Johnny honestly tried to warn Them but none of Them would listen."Shut up, Johnny." They said "You just want to end our fun because your too much of a ninny to be around us." Johnny figured that if anyone of Them saw an animal They would all listen and cower in fear. He was only trying to help and yet he was ridiculed.
         While Johnny was having this philisophical moment the tiger launched himself from his hiding place and onto one of Them. Johnny soon cut his epiphany short and sprang into action. He took a leap over the fire and as soon as he landed he dived in tword his target. The victum of the tiger was screaming and throwing a tantrum just s would expect from a young man, nonetheless a drunken young boy. But his moaning only grew when he felt Johnny land on top of the tiger and yet he sighed in relif when the weight of them both was cast off him.
         They all watched as Johnny wrestled with the tiger. They must have been around the same size. Johnny's arm flexed against the beating chest of his foe. His long tossled hair being thrown around as the tiger pounded him to the ground. Johnny had not thought much beetween his first jump and now honestly he had no idea what he was doing. He had no reason to be protecting ones that despised him. But then again the tiger would come after him eventually, unless he ran(Johnny didn't think about running till afterwards)
         Johnny threw a punch that hit the tiger in the eye. Apperaently the tiger heard the old addage an eye for an eye because immeditaly after Johnny threw his punch the tiger latched his claws in Johnny's shoulder. The sharpness caught Johnny suprise and he was stunned and helpless. The one of the older boys had lead Them in the process of collecting stones to throw at the tiger. The tiger, who was already halfblind, could not take the stress of having large stones hurdeled at him(though not that many of them hit because they were still quite drunk). After drilling his paws into Johnny's shoulder one last time the tiger took off.
         Johnny only laid there for at least ten minutes.The wound on his shoulder was incredibly painful and it definitly stung more than the wasp stings he collected. Fortunetly he had a shirt in his bag that no longer fit him and he wrapped it around his wound as tight as possible.The bleeding did not stop.
         Bo-Bo and the half-blind tiger ran into the woods as far away from the camp fire as he could get, scared and hopeless(and bitter). The other boys acted in a simillar way, while They knew that Johnny had just saved them They refused to give up the act."Go to bed Johnny." One of Them said. "We will all wake up soon and to head to blackpool."
          His heart was still beating like a drum and adrniline pulsed through him as much as it did when he jumped across the fire and into the fight.The bleeding did not let up however and Johnny began to cry(as he often did). But he thought that the best thing to do would be go to bed as they needed to cover alot of ground to get to blackpool and get set up there. Little did he know all of thesse things that had happened since Johnny saw the star would change the rest of his life(and many others).
         As he rested his head on his pillow he looked up at the sky. Then a very strange light filled up the sky. It apperaed to Johnny as the same kind of light one could see when the sun was on the edge of a cloud. Bight, shiny, with an undescribably beautiful shade of yellowis orange. The light flickered and Johnny was able to feel his arm once more. The light flickered two more times and the bleeding stopped.How very strange Johnny thought, only half awake, how very strange indeed.
         
         Now everyone knows that being blind is not the best condition one could have in the wilderness. Not as many people know that cats/tigers have pretty good eyesight. Hopefully there are some out there who know that when running away from a dire situation one is inclined to make mistakes. The tiger ran much much faster than Bo-Bo. The bear, of course, warned him not to go to fast especially since there was not much need for it. But the tiger was blowing of his bitter steam. He ran through the woods with blazing speed, dodgeing the trees was easy for a tiger such as him. But one thing that failed to catch the attention of the tiger was the sound of rushing water.
         Now hopefully everyone knows that once pulled into the strong currents of white water rivers it is very hard to get out. Especially when your a one eyed tiger(which everyone knows cats do not like water.)
         Bo-Bo the bear did not get any sleep that night he spent his time worrying about how he was supposed to survive now. He thought maybe he could go back to the circus but then remembered they move and leave and come and go. He had already waken up from The Big Sleep of the year. Maybe he could follow the humans. Surely they would have scrap food or stop at some kind of city. And so Bo-Bo rested his mind and his body after many hours of careful thinking(as much as a carnie bear can do, not much).

         When Johnny woke up the next morning(or night) he found Them packing Thier stuff. The most curious thing about all was that where a tremendous gash should be there was only an ungly purple bruise. As if They did not need a reminder of Thier little guardian the Others did not even mention the events of last night. Johnny got his things packed and put out the fire. Then they left on the trail which was not travelled much. Never suspecting that a large, bitter bear was following them.
         There is one person in particular who was quite offened by Johnny's action. They boy that Johnny save had recently begun taking a special intrest in a girl in the group. He would repaet over and over that he did not need Johnny's help and that it wasnt him crying like a baby it was the tiger(of course he said with a much more manly voice than he actually had and often added ephisis on the sarcasm when he said the word Johnny). And in our list of bitter people he was definitly number 1.
         Infact it was him who led the group to Blackpool, he need to prove to the Others that he was still a "man". Johnny only walked in the very back, like usual, and was silent when the ridicule flooded in. The mokery only stooped when they all saw the tower that loomed over thier new home. It was quite marvolous, often called the Effiel tower of England and was simply the most attractive feature of Blackpool. The group quickly noticed the most unattractive thing was the smell. Most of the sewgage was dumped right outside the city, if not into the ocean. Fourtunetly They spotted out an abonded place far far away from the stench and closse to the Boardwalk.
         
         Bo-Bo found a nice place near a pile of garbage and refuse to call home. He knew this place because the circus came here often. He thought that he would just stay here until he had the chance to strike, a tecnique he learned from the tiger. But bitterness was still inside him and bitterness is a horrible disease to have as it is quite hard to be rid of it.
         
         For the next two weeks They became invisible. They slowly started stealing disguies and some nice nick knacks to go along with them. Johnny just read books and made friends with a nice hermit who lived under the bridge. His name was Fred one week but Trent the next. Johnny also fancied a few dips in the cleanest water he could find(which wasnt too clean). Everyday They stole a news paper from a local stand and made Johnny read it. "May 6th George V, His Royal Highness, has been crowned the King of all the United Kingdom."The next day read "Celebrations to be held in Blackpool near the end of within the next two weeks."
         And when the time finnally came They all saw massive tents go up in town. A gigantic wheel was errected before thier eyes and bit by bit they realized thier was going to be some kind of circus. Of course the carnival would be i the name of the King but all they cared about was the money to be stolen. As the days progressed wealthy men and women began to move in and fill empty inns .
         "Stupid Johnny you at least have to come out side." Said the one that Johnny had saved. It was the next thing that came out of his mouth that suprised Johnny the most. "You good for nothing useless ninny. I knew I should have let that tiger eat you up." Now this did wake Johnny up a little bit(he was somewhat tired). Johnny got up without a word and headed for the door."Ha Ha," the Others laughed " thats right come on we'll show you how things are done."
         Johnny walked outside and was immediatly violated by a wave of sound. Fireworks were bursting, there were odd animal noises such as the lions and tigers and even bears, the crowds even sounded like a heard of animals thier talk and banter was a loud rumble. But Johnny did enjoy such a thing, even as he saw his counterparts picking the pockets of the poor rich people he thought that the whole atmosphere was a grand thing. The only thing that could have made it better would have been friends but of course thosse were hard to come by for Johnny and Fred/Trent was certainly not welcome at the carnival.
         
         Bo-Bo was unexpectly welcome into the fair grounds. It probably had something to do with the fact that he waited until the sun was far down into the group meaning most of the men would be drunk. He simply followed the smell of burnt tiger(which does lingre for quite some time when you dont wash) and found the spot that the boy was walking. Bo-Bo found a nice little spot to ambush the boy, another trick he picked up from the tiger.

         Johnny was very tired. He was also getting bored of all the rude comments They made as They walked down the Boardwalk. It was bright outside for some reason which was weierd for a carnival the stars and fireworks blended together in they sky. Sometimes when the fireworks pooped the girls would scream and throw themselves into the arms of the nearest boy. The boy that Johnny saved had become an item with a certain girl in the group and they held hand as they walked down the Boadwalk and they joined in with the others in all the usual banter and general horseing around.
         The girl was feeling quite flirtasious and when the next firework blew up she decided to shrieck and jump. Now there something to be said about  scared jumping drunken young woman. She bumped into Johnny before hitting her target."You ran into my girlfriend."But Johnny wasnt thinking much about it because he was far too tired and it was far too bright."She ran into me."Now that they were facing each other Bo-Bo decided that it was the best time to strike. When the bear came from the corner and started growling violently the Others trembled in fear."You killed the tiger and saved me only to bring a bear along to kill us all! Thats why your always hanging around and snooping in the back."
         Johnny was too tired to understand what exactly was going on but he did know that he had just drawn the short straw. There was no way any of them would trust him again(not that they did before). Before the bear got any closer Johnny felt as if he knew what to do and sprinted off into town. The bear, who was quite confused at this point decided it was best to attack the Others. And the Others decided it was best to follow Johnny to get away from the bear(and beat Johnny). But as Johnny ran his overworked mind was churning with anxiety. He flew into Thier house and grabbed his bag and all the important things he kept with him.
         Just as They came to the house Johnny began running away from the city. It did become brighter and brighter outside and Johnny became exaoughted with each step. First to leave his sight were the fanciful tents, then the oridanry houses then shurbs zoomed pasted him(or rather he zipped past them). He kept up the same blazing speed until it was almost as bright as daylight and he was too tired even breath hard enough. He only had to walk a little more until he reached a very strange patch of trees. He hadnt seen it coming in but in this strange light he supposed he would see strange things. The patch of trees was on a hill that only rose slightly from the ground.He could see through the branches a small house.
         He carefully made his way through the spiderwebs and sharp thorns that crowded the trees. He was of course extremely tired but the strange light was blocked by the thick trees above and could not be seen as easily. He finnally reached a black wooden fence that gaurded the front door. Johnny opened the gate and stepped onto the stones that laid out the path to the door. The house was looked quite small when he looked at it through the branches but up close it turned out to be very large. Most of it was dark grey stone but blue painted wood  surrounded the windows and corners. He walked close to the front door and decided it was best to leave his things here. He set his book bag in the corner of the porch. He also thought it best to knock and he did so three times before he came to the conclusion it was abanddonded. The door seemed to have been made of the same blue wood and it gave a creek as Johnny opened it.
         The inside of the house had the same strange light that he saw outside the trees only it was brighter in the house. He saw a two staircases that led upwards and farther into the house. They were on either side of a door that was directly infront of Johnny. Both to left and right there were two hallways, a very symmetrical house Johnny thought. Even though Johnny was extremly tired he found himself attracted to the door in the middle of the stair cases. It was the same dark blue wood as the front door but it had a symbol painted on it with some kind of lush red paint. The symbol was a plus sign and a x put together so that it looked like a star but it also had a circle around the center point.
         By this time Johnny found himself the most tired he had ever been in his entire life. Yet there was something about the way the strange light hit the door that made Johnny want to open it even more. And so he did. And inside was the same strange light, only brighter, and a staircase. Johnny looked up only to see there was no end to the height of the room.

Chapter 2 Out now!!
© Copyright 2011 Jack I. Winderson (haas117 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743804-Dragon-Rebellion-Ch1