*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743816-With-your-head-in-the-clouds
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Writing · #1743816
A letter to all writers, dedicated to Miss Genna Fajro.
You there, you have great things inside that man-born oval you call a head. Inside may look like nothing more than every other fleshy blob, pulsating and contracting as it goes through the processes required for the body function. Though if one was able to look closer, and transfer such a thing into a comprehensible medium you would get thousands of years of words, of picture, and of sounds.

Great worlds may even emerge, with their own unique thoughts, beliefs, and perceptions on the world outside of their own. In fact somewhere inside these worlds there may in-fact be other worlds created by others such as you, and if the same process was to be underwent you may discover that that world within a world may have another. It could be, and could be a maddening truth, though its thoughts like these which make you different.

You see while the other children escape into the worlds created by others, ever so comfortable with the limits that others have reached, and those others have set - you’ve been creating them. First beginning with your head in a book, and ending with you hand on the paper, exploring what you see, and what you think. Without this you know that you would not be you. You would be a saddened boy, then a man who felt forever incomplete without so much as a word on the page, for you see a dreamer doesn’t just dream. And I believe that a dreamer, cannot just dream, they must explore places that can’t be, they must create places that can’t be. And for that a dreamer, a thinker, a writer such as yourself is without a doubt the most valuable and constant resource humanity can obtain.

© Copyright 2011 Leatis Graves (leatisgraves at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1743816-With-your-head-in-the-clouds