*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744205-Wall
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1744205
15 for 15 contest
He took in the view. He was back home in Eire. He remembered with a smile chasing his brother along the wall and pushing him off when he caught up with him. Such good memories. He threw off his boots and wriggled his toes in the soft grass and took off running. He opened his arms wide, the air rushing past his ears. He was a fighter jet. He chased his imaginary brother around the ancient tree, that seemed to have been there forever.

The hollow deck flickered. "Captain you are needed on the bridge" he dropped his childhood and his arms at the same time and came crashing back in to the 23th century. "I'm on my way." he said. He took one last look at the tree before it faded out of existence. The hollow sound of his boots echoed off the chambers empty walls.They had to find an inhabitable planet soon or it would not just be the end of the world but humanity itself.
© Copyright 2011 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744205-Wall