*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744206-Those-Eyes
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1744206
This is a short description of what happened to me but i can't prove it
When I was about 12 years old, I was alone at home one night when the rest of the family went out for the evening.  I can't remember where they went.  I was watching tv sitting on the couch with the back to the picture window looking into the front yard.  Our cat “Monster” was laying on the couch beside me as I watched tv.  There was a fresh snow fall on the ground and it was a quiet night with hardly a car passing by. 



Without warning Monster ran into the dining room and hid under the table.  Staring wide eyed at the window with his hackles up and hissing wildly at the window.  I stood and tried to calm him but it seemed to make him even more agitated.  That is when I looked at the window and I saw two large green glowing eyes in the window.  I turned and ran into the dining room.  When I turned around and looked at the window again, the eyes were gone.  I stood there shaking and wondering if I had really seen what I saw.  By then Monster had calmed down a little.  Not knowing if I should call the police or not.  I slowly went to the front door and turned on the porch light. 



I slowly opened the door and looked out.  I tried to see if there was anyone or anything around.  The thing that I did notice was that there were no tracks of any kind in the snow any where near the house or even out to the street.  Just a couple of tire tracks in the snow in the street is all I saw. 



I quickly closed and locked the door, turned on all the lights in the house and sat in the rocker recliner that faced the front window with the tv off until my family came home.  I did not tell them of what I saw for I was afraid that they would not let me stay home alone again and I would be really picked on by my older brother.  My mom did ask why all the lights were on, but I just said I just forgot to turn them off.  I think that she knew I was lying about that but didn't push the subject because I think that she knew that something scared me and I didn't want to talk about it. 



Through the years I still at times wonder what made those eyes that left no evidence of it being there. 
© Copyright 2011 WildBillHickup (wildbill0013 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744206-Those-Eyes