*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744367-Assignment-2--Optional-Lesson
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1744367
First, Second, Third POV
First Person POV

My 125 pound Golden Retriever walks me every morning.  Numerous children in the neighborhood have asked me, “Is that a lion?”  I am sure it is because he is so enormous and about the same color as the lion in their picture books.  But Rebel is a gentle giant that insists, regardless of rain, sleet, snow, freezing or hot temperatures for his walks.  He has me lion tamed.  I bundle up like an Eskimo after discussing with him that it may be icy outside, but he has an attitude of a puppy even though he is a senior.  He pulls his leash from the hook and begins shaking it all around – my cue that he will not take no for an answer. 

Reb is smart enough to know when there is ice – walk on the snow.  We are only four houses down the block when Reb and I begin to do the slip and slide on a snow covered patch of ice.  I catch my footing, but Reb is splayed on the sidewalk and I worry about his hips.  He struggles to get back on four legs and I feel helpless for my king of the jungle.  Great thinker that I am, I calm him down and decide I will push him to the lawn covered snow.  However, Reb and I weigh about the same, and I can’t budge him.  I look back and see the length of four houses and it seems like a mile.  His brown eyes search me for answers and I tell him I am going to get daddy.  Only thing, it torments me to leave him there for the actual few minutes it will take me to get assistance.  I tell him to “stay” which is ridiculous.

As luck will have it “Smokey” (because he is always smoking in his garage) raises his garage door and sees my dilemma.  He thoughtfully helps me (with a cigarette dangling from his lips) get Reb onto the snow.  Voila! 

Reb licks Smokey’s face. I wave goodbye, but not before Smokey adds, “That’s a big dog.”



Second Person POV

Your 125 pound Golden Retriever walks you every morning.  Numerous children in the neighborhood have asked you “Is that a lion?”  You’re sure it’s because he is so enormous and about the same color as the lion in their picture books.  Your Rebel is a gentle giant, but insists you walk him regardless if there is rain, sleet, snow, freezing or hot outside.  He has you lion tamed.  You bundle up like an Eskimo after discussing with him that it will be icy outside, but he has the attitude of a puppy even though he is a senior.  He pulls his leash from the hook and begins shaking it all around – your cue that he will not take no for an answer.

Reb is smart enough to know to walk on the snow and avoid the ice.  But you are only four houses down the block when Reb and you begin to do the slip and slide.  You catch your footing, but Reb is splayed on the sidewalk and you worry about his hips.  He struggles to get back up on four legs and you feel helpless for the king of the jungle.  Great thinker that you are, you calm him down and decide to push him to the lawn covered snow, but you and Reb weigh about the same and you can’t budge him.  You look and the length of four houses seems like a mile.  His brown eyes search for answers and you tell him you will get daddy.  Only thing, it torments you to leave him there for the actual few minutes it will take for you to get assistance.  You tell him to “stay” which is ridiculous.

As luck will have it the “Smokey” (because you notice he is always smoking in his garage) raises his garage door and sees your dilemma.  He thoughtfully helps you (with a cigarette dangling from his lips) get Reb onto the snow.  Viola!

Reb licks Smokey’s face.  You wave goodbye, but not before Smokey tells you, “That’s a big dog.”



Third Person POV

Paisley’s 125 pound Golden Retriever walked her every morning.  Numerous children in the neighborhood had asked her, “Is that a lion?”  She was sure it because he was so enormous and about the same color as the lion in their picture books.  Her dog, Rebel, was a gentle giant, but insisted on his morning walks regardless of rain, sleet, snow, freezing or hot temperatures.  He had her lion tamed.  Paisley bundled up like an Eskimo after discussing with her dog that it would be icy outside, but he had the attitude of a puppy even though he was a senior.  He pulled his leash from the hook and shook it all around – her cue that he would not take no for an answer.

Reb was smart enough to know to walk on the snow and avoid the ice.  But when they were only four houses down,  Reb and Paisley began to do the slip and slide.  Paisley caught her footing, but Reb was splayed on the sidewalk and she worried about his hips.  He struggled to get back up on four legs.  Paisley felt so helpless for her king of the jungle.  Great thinker that she was, she calmed him down and decided she would push him to the lawn covered snow.  However, Reb and Paisley weighed about same and she couldn’t budge him.  The length of four houses seemed like a mile.  Paisley looked into his brown eyes and told him she was going to get daddy.  Only thing, it tormented her to leave him there for the actual few minutes it would take for her to get assistance.  She told him to “stay” which was ridiculous.

As luck would have it, “Smokey” (because he always smoked in his garage) raised his garage door and saw the dilemma.  He thoughtfully helped get Reb (with cigarette dangled from his lips) onto the snow.  Voila!

Reb licked Smokey’s face.  Paisley waved goodbye, but not before Smokey told her, “That’s a big dog.”

© Copyright 2011 Endless Enigma (charmed1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744367-Assignment-2--Optional-Lesson