*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745335-Wings
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1745335
15 for 15 short
I am going to be the belle of the ball tonight. Lavinia crowed to her two long suffering friends. She only just managed to tolerate their tawdry faces and the slightly ill fitting clothes they wore. They had no compunction to go home and have another go at dressing, she just couldn't understand it, they didn't seem to care how they looked.

"Lavinia its been nearly two hours now, are you ready yet?"
"yes I am" and with that she swept in t the room dazzling them with her beauty as she knew she would." Ah, you look beautiful," said Jenner "Exquisite echoed Tara," they fawned appropriately.

"Here you are miss Lavinia," The maid brought in a large box."the final piece in the puzzle." Funny thing to say, thought Lavina as she tore the delicate tissue paper and pulled off the lid. "oh" she was stuck for words. Inside lay a beautiful pair of gossamer wings. They looked real, She thought. "Here let me help." Tara carefully placed the wings up on to Lavinias shoulders. She felt them move and drew back. Lavinias attention fell from her self to the itching, tingling sensation at her back. She twitched her shoulders and the wings moved.

The maid smiled. "You two, the car is ready for you downstairs." Tara and Jenner left quietly. The maid watched as the wings attached themselves and Lavinia started to shrink.
© Copyright 2011 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745335-Wings