*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745337-The-Rose
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1745337
A man murders his wife for the money, he leaves a rose for compensation. The rose is back
         In front of me layed the white rose. It did not move, did not speak, only stared at me. What was it thinking? What was it's plan? Oh I felt those shivers, I hate that feeling, the one we call fear. Fear makes you weak, makes you resort to your most primal instincts.

         The rose did not break it's stare, no it taunted me with its color. It would not speak, it held its tongue. Why are you here? What have I done to cause this? Now I remember, the white rose was the last thing I gave her cold, lifeless corpse. So How did this rose find its way back to me? I remember watching it suffocate by the dirt, but yet it stares at me today.

         I thought if I killed her I would be free, but now she wants revenge on me. Maybe her corpse wasn't a corpse at all but rather a sleeping demon. How else could this rose reach me? I remember my heart beating, faster and faster. Oh she was coming, I could already smell the dirt and stench of rotten flesh that decayed on her. Oh this rose was not a friend of mine, not even a warning, it was my death warrant.

         A noise crashed behind me and without hesitating I turned. Fear did not subside or reduce, it grew from stomach up to my chest and out my mouth.

         "WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT? I CAN APOLOGIZE ONLY ONCE! I CAN NOT BRING YOU BACK! WHAT IS DONE IS DONE!" I scream.

         I turned to a dripping sound behind me, a sound that only increased my fear, now exiting through my eyes. I saw a blurry version of the white rose, now stained with blood droplets. There it goes, my heart, racing and pounding. Run my mind says, but my legs do not cooperate.

         There was a soft hissing just above the rose. I look up and find her staring at me, her teeth bared in anger. The soft, tan flesh was now pale and decaying, her eyes were faded to a whitish color. Oh god and those teeth, so yellow and black, blood riddled on them. I only cry as I watch her nails sink into the ceiling. I should have just went to Honolulu.
© Copyright 2011 I.A. Moats (iam7890 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745337-The-Rose