*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745599-Returning-To-Normal-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Experience · #1745599
Paige is finally going home.
A mistake? It was all a mistake? How on Earth could they make a mistake like that? They had turned my whole life upside down, and now they wanted to fix it with a simple "We are sorry." I don't think so my everything was gone. I looked around my foster home and was thankful that I was leaving. I was going home. I was going to see my dad, boyfriend and all my friends. My life was going back to normal. It would all be how it was before they made there awful mistake.
Okay so maybe I should fill you in on everything. My name is Paige Blackwell and a little over six months ago I was taken from my father and put into foster care, with claims of abuse. I'm also a witch so finding a foster home for me to stay in was a task all on its own. Now mortals know we exsist but they are mostly scared of us. So the one house they found for me well it was a nightmare.My dad is a teacher at my school that I attend for witches and wizards, and yeah he is kind of strickt but he would never lay a hand on me.
While I was sitting outside on the front pourch thinking about the letter I had just recived from my case worker the phone in the house rang. Of course I didn't even budge for it my foster parents, The Burtons, never allowed me to answer the phone. They said that as a witch I had no power in there home.
"Paige, you have a phone call,"said Mrs. Burton.I had not yet told her that my time with them was up. I walked into the kitchen where she handed me the phone. "Rememember I'm going to be right here listening and keep it short."
"Yes ma'ma," I said trying not to be to rude but bitting my tounge. "Hello?"
"Paige, it's dad. I just got a call from your case worker she said you get to come home!" came dad's voice from the other line.
"I know I just got a letter," I said but before I could say more Mrs. Burton interupted.
"A letter? What letter? What did it say?" she demanded.
I shoved the letter in her face and smiled while she read the letter.
"So ,dad, did you tell Oliver and everyone I get to come home?" I asked turning my attention back to him.
"No, not yet I was wondering if you wanted to suprise them when you come home?" He asked, my dad knew me all to well, even being seperated for six months he still knew what I would like to do.
"That would be wonderful. Your the greatest," I looked at Mrs. Burton and she was pointing to her wrist so I knew my time on the phone was up. "Hey dad I'm going to get off here and start packing so that when Miss Kisser gets her I'm ready to go. I love you and will see you later tonight!" I hung the phone up, and looked at Mrs. Burton.
"How long have you know?" She asked in a very stern voice.
"Only right before my dad called. I had just opened the letter. I swear," I replied.
"Well, I'm calling Miss Kisser and will find out if this is real or one of your tricks," she said taking the letter from me.
I didn't say anything she wasn't worth my time. I was going home! I went to the tiny whole in the wall that was my room and began packing my things. Compaired to my room at home and all the things I had here I really didn't want any ot the stuff, but I had bought it so I was keeping it these lazy slobby people didn't deserve it. Just as I finished zipping up my suit case Mrs. Burton walked into my room.
"So, it's true. They made a mistake and you are going home tonight. Miss Kisser will be here in thirty minutes to take you to your father. You know that if he ever lays a hand on you you are always welcome here," she said sitting on my bed pretending to care.
"Thats the biggest load of horse shit I've ever heard," I replied. Six months of there crap was it I didn't have to leave here any more. I didn't have to put up with it. I was letting it all go. "For the past six month y'all have made me feel like the biggest peice of crap on earth. You tell me I'm ugly. That I don't belong amoung the rest of you because of my 'tricks'. While the rest of the foster children get to play and talk on the phone I had to clean the house and work a full time job. Y'all wouldn't even let me do my school work, so now thanks to y'all I'm far behind my grade. So just so you know when I do get back to my dad I'm going to make sure he sews the pants off of y'all and that you loose your lisence to foster childeren. I had to work so you could sit on your fat ass and get fatter. The only reason you took me in was becuase my check from the government was bigger then the rest becasue I'm a witch." I wasn't holding back I was so done.
"Well, I never. After all that we have done for you, you go and say all these nasty things," Mrs. Burton said in shock.
"All that you have done for me? Hell there were times you didn't even let me eat becasue you said I pulled one of my 'tricks' I will take my bags and wait at the curbs so as I don't have to smell you or this damn house. Why don't you get off your fat ass and take a shower. I'm so glad to be out of this hell whole," I said grabbing my bags and walking out of the room.
And I did just that. I walked down the drive way and sat on the curb. The next thirty minutes seemed to take years to come. Miss Kisser pulled up in her old station wagon. I jumped up and threw my bags in and sat in the seat and put my seatbelt on.
"In a hurry are we?" she asked in the kindest voice she knew. Miss Kisser was nice but she was still new to the job. In the past six months I had only seen her three times and it had been three months since I had seen her.
"Miss Kisser I have not seen my father or friends in six months. Six months ago my world was shaken and turned upside down. I want to be in my room and hugg my dad," I replied.
"You look like you have lsot some weight? Have they been feeding you here? Did they treat you okay?" she asked.
"To be honest I was dirt to them. I had to work a fourty hour week, mow the yard, cook dinner, do the dishes, clean the house, and maybe if there were leftovers I could eat. You tell me does that sound like they were treating my okay? They wouldn't even let me do my school work that my school sent me to do so that I wouldn't be behind," I answered.
Miss Kisser was mortified."I'll go talk to them for jsut a second and then we will be on our way."
"Do you have to? I'm really ready to get home!"
"It's part of my job it will only be a min and then we are gone."
That minute seemed to last for ever, but finally Miss Kisser emreged from the house. We were on our way. I was going to see my dad. I was going to see Oliver and all my friends! I was going home!

© Copyright 2011 P. W. Blackwell (johndeeresmom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745599-Returning-To-Normal-Chapter-1