*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745605-Returning-to-Normal-Chapter-5
Rated: · Chapter · Other · #1745605
throwing the party
The weeks went by and all was calm, but before we all returned to school Dad was letting me throw a back to school party in our back yard.
"I think we should barbeque," I said that morning to dad over coffee.
"I was thinking more along the lines of pizza," Dad said.
"Why can't we barbeque?" I asked.
"Because pizza is easier, and less clean up. We can do things like chips and dip and pizza and such," Dad said.
"I think we should make a list, and I'll go to the store and get everything," I said getting up and going to my room for some paper and a pen. I went back to the back pourch and started writing things down. "What about decroations?"
"Okay now you said this was going to be a simple party, it kind of sounds like its getting out of hand," Dad said.
"Well I just want it to be great, its the first party since I got back and since I didn't get a birthday party I guess I'm tring to squeaze it in," I replied.
Dad and I went on planning that evenings party over our morning coffee, and when we were done Dad had decided to let me do a few decorations and lights and music. I went to my room and took a shower and got ready to go to the store to go shopping for the party. I was going to my car when I saw Oliver sitting on the hood like he was waiting on me.
"And where do you think you are going?" He asked me.
"The store, I've got a few things to pick up before the party. Want to go?" I asked him walking to the drivers door of my car.
"Yeah, want to take my truck?" He asked.
"No, I want to take my car. That's why I'm sitting in it, and turning it on. Besides you always drive. Give me a chance,"I said strarting the car.
"Okay fine but you better not kill me," he said jokingly getting into the passagner's seat.
"Now I'm not the bad, driver. Aren't you the one who has two speeding tickets already?" I said as I backed out the drive way.
"That doesn't mean I'm a bad driver, that just means I'm a fast driver. If I was a bad driver I would have been in a crash or something,"Oliver said.
"Yeah, well this is my baby and I'm not going to be hurting her any time soon," I said.
We chatted and listened to the radio till we got to the store.
"So what all do we need to get?" Oliver asked as we got out of the car. I handed him the list:


Chips
Dip
Streamers
Balloons
Paper Plates
Plastic Cups
Veggie Tray
Table Cloths
Serving Bowls
Cokes
Ice
A Big Cooler


Oliver looked at me when he got done, reading. "Anything I missed?" I asked.
"Not that I can think of but, maybe we should walk around the store just to make sure, between the two of us our cd collections will provide plenty of music," He replied.
We got a buggy and began shopping. First went to get the food items. We got ten different kinds of dip, coke, sprite, dr. pepper, mountain dew, rootbeer, ten bags of chips, and all kinds of little snacks and candies, before we decided to walk the store.
"I think we are going to need another buggy," I said looking at Oliver.
"Yeah problably," He laughed and went and got another buggy while I waited for him.
I was standing there looking at the candles waiting on Oliver when Monica snuck up behind me.
"That was low what you did at the mall," She said walking up behind me.
"What ever Monica, low is what you did to me and my family. Low is the trash you are," I said not even looking away from the candles. My consentration on the candles got better. No matter what I was not looking away, or I was trying my damndest not to look away.
"Well, next time I'll just have to make sure I don't get cought and that you go away for good!" She yelled.
"Monica quite your done," I said trying harder and harder to stay focused on the candles in front of me. I couldn't leave I was standing my ground, but I wasn't going to let her see she was getting to me.
"I'm not done till your life is over. I'll make sure of it. I'll get your whole family throughn away if I can. And then it will all be mine," She said.
That was it my consentration on the candles was broke I couldn't resist any more. I looked her dead in the eye. Rage filled me up inside and I wanted nothing more to lay her out and kill her. My blood was boiling. She was getting to me. But I could not use my fist I could not hurt my dad by risking being taken away. I gripped the handle of the buggy and let my mouth do the work.
"Hey, Babe I got us another buggy. Let's get back to shopping,"Oliver said coming up behind me and putting his arm around my waist. We turned and walked away.
"Your running away, your chicken!"Monica yelled after me.
I stopped. Oliver looked at me. I turned.
"I'm not chicken, I'm just better than you will ever be," I said and we went on shopping. We bought the rest of the items on our list and a few extra things. For the rest of our trip we didn't see Monica.
"Wow, I thought you were fixing to get in to a fight in the store when we saw Monica," Oliver said as were loading all the bags into the car.
"No, I wasn't going to risk it. My dad, you and everyone mean more than her. I'll just wait till she gets what she deserves. Her day is coming," I replied.
"Let's go back to your house and get ready for this party. I think we are going to have fun," Oliver said taking the buggies back to the buggy return.
"That we shall," I said starting the car.
We went back to my house and got everything ready for the party. Our back yard was looking great, and I couldn't be happier. All my friends were coming and so were my cousins.
"Well that about does it," Dad said haning up the last of the streamers. "The pizza should be delivered around seven so I think now we can all get ready and then wait for your guest."
"Sounds good to me,"Oliver said.
"Me too," I said. I kissed Oliver and he went to his house to get ready.
I walked into the house and was heading to me room to get ready when I thought I should tell my dad about running into Monica. I turned around and went to the living room and told him about the days events. I knew I wouldn't get into trouble because I had done nothing wrong. Dad said he was proud of me for not reacting like I normally would. He also said that I had really grown up. I then went to my room and got ready for my party.
At seven the doorbell rang and I was ready so I anwsered the door.
"I've got twenty pizza's for a Salakan Blackwell," said the pizza guy.
"He's in the shower but here's your money and keep the change," I said taking the pizzas from him.
"Thanks," He said and turned and left.
I took the pizza out to the back pourch and set them up. Sure enough before I was finished Oliver came walking over.
"You need some help?" He asked as he walked up the steps.
"It took you that long to get ready?" I asked. "I've been ready for over an hour."
"No, I just got into a came on the x-box," he said.
"Gosh, your such a guy," I said with a laugh.
"I know," he said smiling. "So what do you want me to do?"
"Here finish setting the pizza out I'm gonna go let dad know what time it is," I said handing him a box of pizza.
"Did your dad buy enough pizza?" He asked.
"Andrew is coming," I replied.
"Enough said," Oliver laughed.
I walked into the house and down the hall. I knocked on dad's door.
"It's okay I'm dressed. You can come in," he said.
I opened the door. "I was just gonna let you know that its a little after seven," I said poking my head in the door.
"I'll be out in a few minutes," he said.
I closed the door, and began walking down the hall. The doorbell rang and I went to get it. I looked threw the peep hole to see it was Andrew, so I opened the door.
"Hey," I said giving him a hug. "It's good to see you agian."
"Sorry, I haven't got to see you since you got back but I was on vacation with my grandparents in Fance," he said.
"That's fine all is good now, and I'm home. Oliver is out back if you want to got help him," I hinted.
"You are always putting someone to work aren't you. You haven't changed a bit," he said walking back towards the door.
"Is that a good thing or bad?" I joked.
"Do you want me to answer?" He asked rhtorickaly.
"Ha ha ha," I said pushing him out the back door.
Everyone started showing up, and the party was on. I walked outside and looked around at all my friends and family that had shown up. This was my life, and I wouldn't change it one bit. In the last six months I had over come so much, but things were almost back to normal. We had school starting on Monday, and in the next month we were taking Monica to court. Yeah I still had so challanges ahead but for the night I was going to enjoy the party. And that I did.
© Copyright 2011 P. W. Blackwell (johndeeresmom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1745605-Returning-to-Normal-Chapter-5