*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746253-unknown
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1746253
a story of a man that loses his world and then finds a new one
his hands were covered in blood and his clothes were ripped to shreds. he started looking around and noticed it was dark and he was in a field but how did he get here? where was his wife and their car? as he started to rub his bloody head he tried to remember what had happened. slowly it started to come back to him. he and his wife, cheryl were on their way to a cocktail party thrown by his office every year. it had been icy and cheryl was telling him to pay attention to the road and not the phone but as he had reached up to push the call button for his office, he hit the black ice. the car started spinning out of control and they spun right into the opposite lane of an oncoming truck. he tried desperately to correct the spin but before he knew it he heard his wife scream and then saw the lights of the truck as if they were right in the seat with him. when he ran up to the side of the road he looked in the distance and saw the flashing lights and heard the sirens. he saw the semi on its side and his car in the ditch up ahead. he began sprinting to the car. all he could think about was cheryl. was she alright? was she hurt? did she get thrown out of the car too? was she even alive? all these thoughts were screaming in his head while he was running to the scene of the accident. as he got closer he started screaming her name "Cheryl!!" "Cheryl!"

the policeman saw him and started walking towards him from the back of the ambulance, but as he approached he was now in a panic. where was she? why wouldn't she answer him? "i have to get to my wife!" he yelled at the officer. "sir were you involved in this accident?" the policeman asked. "please i just have to find my wife!" "sir! the officer repeated, "what's your name?" my name? who cares what my name is! i wanted my wife. "yes" as i started to calm a little realizing he was a police officer and he would know where she was, "my name is carl and i was in an accident. please! you've got to help me find my wife!" "sir" the officer said, more serious now with a hint of sympathy in his voice, "sir, can you come with me please?" fine! i went with him, but i had to find her! where is she? i began to look frantically at the damage and take into account the seriousness of the accident. the entire side of the car had been crushed. when i looked closer, i noticed the entire windshield was broken and there was blood on the shards of glass that remained. "sir?" the policeman again, yes i forgot he was taking me to Cheryl wasn't he? but why couldn't i see her anywhere? she should be here somewhere walking around or on a stretcher or something. finally we were headed to the back of the ambulance. "sir? we found your wife. the damage was so severe from the accident the paramedics tried to resuscitate her but..." "but what??" i screamed. "where is she?? what did you do with my wife?" i was frantic now. i had to find Cheryl. i started to bolt away from him so i didnt have to hear anymore but before i could he grabbed my arm and pulled me back hard. "sir? that's what im trying to tell you. sir? is this your wife?" everything stopped. there was no sound there was no image. it couldnt' be her! she couldn't be lying there!
© Copyright 2011 earthmother (audreyg123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746253-unknown