*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746257-The-Limit
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1746257
This is my prologue to a book I have started writing. Would like to know what people think
THE LIMIT


As I lay there cold and alone in the road the sky above began to darken out of nowhere perhaps almost in outrage of what had befallen me. The clouds that had appeared from, it seemed to be only my imagination, started to shed their tears, rain was pouring down upon me like I had never felt before. The cold , chilling water began to bring me slightly back round. Trying to move was torture. My senses screamed at me from a sharp pain in my side, my hand instinctively moved across. It felt warm unlike the rest of me and on closer inspection a dark substance which I soon realised was my blood was trickling out of a small stab wound . I began to feel woozy but going to sleep would be the last nail in my coffin. An emotion that hadn't occurred to me in my short lifetime came to me. It was a terrifying mix of white hot revenge and unrelenting anger. This wasn't like me at all , quiet, doormat me. I've heard people describe outer body experiences and this didn't feel like that. It was almost as if my life was being pushed in a direction that was out of my control. There was no other choice I knew what had to be done , revenge would be exacted upon the ones who had done this, no matter what it took. Even if death it turned out was the only option.
My name is Rhys Johnson and this is my story.
© Copyright 2011 Thomas Lancaster (holypotatoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1746257-The-Limit