*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747012-The-Caller
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Experience · #1747012
My first piece of prose. I just want some help and advice with my punctuation please.
Sunday morning is the time when I like to sleep in. After a hard week at work it's nice to just be able to lay around till lunchtime and catch up on sleep. One Sunday morning just recently at about 7.00 am, I was awoken by the sound of the telephone ringing.

"WTF!," I exclaimed to my wife Penny, who simply rolled over and kept on snoring, "who's that inconsiderate sod?," I asked feeling very annoyed that my sleep had been so rudely interrupted.

With great reluctance I dragged myself out of bed still groggy and half asleep, then made my way toward the telephone which was still ringing its head off. At the very moment that I picked up the receiver it stopped abruptly.

"Well, thanks for that mate," I retorted angrily and slammed down the receiver, then I crawled back into bed and tried vainly to go back to sleep. The person never did call back and I still don't know who it was.
© Copyright 2011 Drewboy (drewboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747012-The-Caller