*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747132-Mirror---Reflection-of-Memories
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1747132
A bright transfer student discovers another world through her new schools Mirror.

*~*~*~*~*
Prolouge
*~*~*~*~*


The hissing of the torrent of falling rain somehow seemed to be the tears of the heavens its very self. Falling amidst the dimming chaos of the blood soaked earth like a chilling blanket among the ruin. Two figures stood out within one of the few clear expanses amongst the sea of tree's. The roar of the thunder seeming to echo the pain of those who had been lost. The first of the two's long black hair fell in wet coils around her shoulders and upper back, ending just at the begging on her lower waist. The single black wing seeming to slice through the strands of hair around it upon her upper back, its cousin showing to be nothing more then a bloodied stump. The girls startling pink irises framed her pale flesh, her slender frame would normally capture the attention of all around her. her attire, though soaking through with rain was as beautiful as it was deceiving. The bottom strand around the skirts base a chocolate color, while the rest was of the lightest shades of pink. The skirt itself beginning at her knees and accentuating the curves of her waist, held in place by a softly shaded crimson belt, which crisscrossed in the front to rest just above her inner thighs. The same soft chocolate color covered her upper waist up to her peaches, where once more the creamy pink accentuated her upper curves, in low cut crimson frill filled trim, a single darker crimson tied bow rested upon her peaches loosely. Her shoulders were exposed though the rest of her strong yet slender arms were hidden, begining in the same chocolaty color and once end in the creamy pink with red frilly trim at her wrists. Held within each palm was a curious design choice for a set of weapons. Clasped within each palm was a short black one way hilt, very much like a half heart, though smooth in its appearance. The blades length was roughly less then half the length of a normal light rapier. Generally best for females to use. This young doll like girl was Mika Sayomi.
  The second figure was a definite contrast except for her brilliantly shimmering pink irises, it seemed they held little else in common, save for each deadly focus upon the others. The strands of her snowy white locks fell to one side behind her, kept up by a black clip in the shape of a flower. The up-kept locks blew within the sudden light gusty torrents of storm-breeze. Her gown was solid white except for the trim around the base of the neckline which was black. Beneath her peaches a single large black ribbon like sash was placed, along with a small red flower like broach pinned just over her heart. the sleeves of the gown ended well before they reached the girls wrists, each held in place by two black buttons on either wrist. Her left palm held a black hilt, its shape that of a half heart in its design. The silver blade being in equal size of a light rapiers. Her beautiful white wings seemed to glisten like dew This was the young doll like girl was Aielle Sayomi.
Sisters on opposite sides on a seemingly never ending war, if not for the fact that now, it would soon finally end in one or the others approaching death. It was finally time to end one of their lives. One closed upon the other with fluid quick steps closing the distance with an ease like speed no ordinary being could ever hope to match. Aielle's blade was like chain lightning in quick successive thrusts in a forwards then upwards arc. While Aielle's blade was longer in length this normal advantage proved nothing against Mika. Her smaller length ones clanged loudly off of each and every joined clash of their weapons, ringing loudly over the constant assault of breezes and the tear like gale of the raining constant torrent. Aielle pushed Mika back in her assault, each boots fighting for purchase upon the slippery earth, until Mika gave a feral hiss of dismay as her right thigh slid out from under her, hitting the ground hard as she quickly rolled sideways and away. Aielle's shining blade scoring the ground deep where she had been as a sharp lance of fresh pain washed through her, as her speed was not as great as she'd hoped it be. Using her palms in a forceful upright flip as she landed once more upright. Her sudden spin sent both of her blades lashing out each giving a loud clash as they struck her sisters, her counter pushing her back in a flurry of movement. An idea struck her as she slid upon the ground low, having seemed to once more lose her balance. It was a deadly risk, though each had to bring this suffering to at least, some sort of eternal end.

Aielle's blade whirled straight down as she held its hilt firmly within both of her bloodied palms, as Mika's broke through her defenses and lanced upwards. Pain flowed afresh from both, only shock passed one of the sisters suddenly blood filled lips. Mika's gamble has paid its due's, feigning falling so her sister would attempt to deliver the killing strike while she was defenseless. Though Mika had been anything but, sending at least one of her crimson covered blades straight though Aielle's middle, whole could hear a desperate despairing gasp somewhere far off though not her own. Locking her shocked irises upon her sisters, who seemed to give a weak knowing smile, her gambit was not without consequence, as she to suffered, hers was not the only cold steel to find its mark. Aielle's had pierced her pale flesh right above her heart. She was already gone..Though her features showed no regrets and somehow, an expression of affection for her elder sibling. It, at long last, was finally over. Aielle barely held the strength in her lips to softly whisper "Wait for me."

Each was laid to rest in their most favorite of places, places long forgotten. I was not even born then, and little did I know that my fate would soon be entwined with the sisters of lore, the goddess's daughters who paid an ultimate sacrifice so the never-ending bloodshed could cease. I would admire one of them, fall in love with another, and face the fate of of her previous mistress.


2000 years later...Fate reset its course.


*~*~*~*~*


~*~Tear 1 Rue - A bond forged~*~


  One would have thought the Seraphim incident would be enough to keep that fragile peace within every ones heart. Only it wasn't, the two-thousand year long peace was only a respite to rebuild and shift though the resentful politics from either side. Sanctions against the other, trade restrictions, the still lingering tension of never recovering either nations most valued military technologies in the Living Dolls known as Mika and Aielle Sayomi. Though why would this matter to a high school girl belonging in another world? Because I was about to be thrust headfirst into the approaching storm.



6/17/2035 Sunday, 9:35 AM
Outside the Seraphim Technological Academy

  Today would be the first morning of my freshmen year at the Seraphim Academy. Which was known for some of the greatest technological minds, breakthroughs, and innovations. The Academy was also the most beautiful of places and one of the most renowned Academic campuses in the world. Now, I was a fellow student, my name is Rue Takiwa. I still couldn't believe I stood at the base of the wide long stairs which lead up to the schools entrance. In between the railings were the most beautiful Cherry Blossom tree's, in full bloom, their petals dancing in the soft embracing breeze of the summer morning. I stood at the central stairway, the others left and right finished the circular like pattern of the steps themselves. I was much like any other girl. I stood at barely 5'7" and kept my long light green locks loosly around my shoulders. Around my neckline I still wore the parting gift given to me by my old classmates. I wore the Seraphim girls uniform which had so first enticed me before. This was a black skirt with a dark red strip sown around its base which rested at knee height. The upper half was the traditional form fitting sailor suite, only mine was black and the tie I wore was a beautiful dark red. Upon the breast over my heart was the Seraphim Crest. A silver shield which bore angelic wings on both sides, a larger pair above the shield and a smaller wings below. Over my shoulders I held my bag with both palms as I gazed up the smooth marble staircase. What had always set me apart, was my eyes, ever since my birth they were the palest of violet.

  I couldn't help being nervous as I glanced again at the notice I still clutched in my paled palm. A notice from the Headmistress herself. Chiyo Kiimiko was the youngest Headmistress the Academy had ever seen. She was also the one unafraid of public opinion. Troublemakers were simply none existent here, mainly due to to the fact any and all were expelled. Regardless whether their families were powerful or not. I scanned the notice one more time as i tried to figure out how I may possibly stepped out of line before the year even began. It read:

Dear miss Rue Tokiwa,

Your presence has been requested at 10 o'clock on Sunday Morning. Please report to the outer terraces of the school. The Headmistress as well as the other freshmen representatives will be awaiting you there. Be sure to arrive in proper school attire, with your books and the Identification Stone given to you in your acceptance notification to the school. Don't be Late!

Attendance Manager Ryoki Tera


    Other freshman representatives? It raised more questions then answers and I felt a sudden shiver as I began to climb the set of stairs which lead to the terrace. At least I wasn't the only student summoned! As I continued to climb lost in my minds nervous ravings I failed to see the other girl directly ahead of me. I would learn after this day forward that it was hate at first sight. Ayami Kilara was the pentacle of popular at her old school. Which was also one of the most expensive high schools ever known. Like me her hair was green in color and kept up by a single large black ribbon behind her. She wore a dress from her neckline to breasts were white then black in a private schools long jacket. The skirt was very much like my own. Though longer and ending in the same dark red strip around its lower edges. I learned later that she was 5'9" in height and that her previous school, according to rumor, had expelled her. Her eyes where what surprised me the most pale and a somehow enveloping shade of light blue. I had seconds to hear her infuriated "Watch it!" and my yelp of dismay as I fell backwards. My eyes shut tightly as I braced myself for the coming lance of pain.

    It didn't come. Instead I realized I was suspended in mid air among strong arms. My eyes opened in slow confusion as my head tilted up and back to gaze upon one of the most attractive faces in my memory. His hair was a dark shade of blue and unkempt in any sort of style, though this seemed to give it a style all its own. His eye a startling light green, very much like a peaceful forests meadow. His face was round and smooth, the smile he wore was one of great amusement as his eyes rose to the infuriated girl half turned and glaring down at us from the third terrace. "Ah, it figures." His voice was rich and intoxicating like sweet chocolate. Our eyes met and his amusement seemed to grow even further "This could be a fun year after all." It was then I realized I was ebbing held and the rosy flush upon my cheeks felt more like the fires of the damned they burned so much. Her gently set me upon my feet until I got my brain working again. His roguish wink didn't help matters any. He wore simple black jeans with a white shirt underneath the long sleeve black jacket which lay open around him. Tucking his palms into his pockets he lazily began ascending towards the girl still furiously glaring now solely at me from the third Terrace.

    My eyes darted around in surprise, as I found I was standing on the first of the for steppe terraces which lead up to the schools entrance. How did I get back on the first? Had I fallen that far? More importantly..Why did it feel as if I was held within wings and safely flying? I felt my irises close and I shook my head to clear the cobwebs which must have somehow been shaken loose up there. My irises rose to the top terrace and above it to the large mounted clock I'd not noticed before. 9:55 Catdirt! I was going to be late! I dashed up the Terrace steps skipping a few here and there and racing towards the large double oak doors. This was going to be a very very long day..

    The inner Sanctum of the school was as beautiful as it was impressive. I could hear my own hollow footsteps as I wandered forward. My eyes took in every little detail. The room was circular above with a beautiful crystal like dome overhead resting both above and below the twin winding staircases both ending on each side before an arch with a long red curtain covering what room lay beyond. I could feel myself flinch as the five who stood upon the sun and moon motif which stretched between he staircase in a circular pattern. One stood apart from the rest. Her stern features and sharp light blue eyes gave the impression she could see a lie before it was spoke. She was dressed in a long flowing black dress ending just around her ankles. The black pair of high heal shoes just peaking out of the dresses folds.

  In one palm she held six necklaces each with a different color stone shaped like a teardrop at its end. In the other was a large tome like book, with a red strip of leather to help bind the books contents closed. I kept my eyes anywhere but this woman's. She wore the double winged seal of the Headmistress of Seraphim Academy. I found myself trying to half hide behind a pink haired girl with the same uniform as me. A quick glance to my right showed the boy who eased my fall. His arms resting behind his head in a lazy stretch with still that amused look upon his lips. Glare girl was next to him still scowling. I knew I couldn't hide so I guiltily stepped in the center of the half circle of my fellow classmates as we stood around the our Headmistress. "Now that Ms. Tokiwa has decided to join us, I may finally pass out the Heads of Household for this coming new year."
My eyes darted back to Mr. Lazy and Glare girl. He seemed to be staring at the headmistress curiously, while Glare girl gave a visible smirk. One good thing about being a Head of House I thought, I'd not be in that girls! My thoughts were cut short by what was said next.

"Today you will be sure that your Houses are all in order. Any bedsheets in disarray you shall fix them. Any problems with loose door handles and the like. You will report to the ground keeper, Mr. Tora Usagi." As she spoke those piercing eyes found each of our own. I was relieved not to be the only one suddenly very nervous. "I will know if you shirk your duties." She added in a tone not to be defied. When I call your name you will collect your Heads of house Token and get to work." Her sudden smile made her appear very warm and welcoming "If you need me request for Mrs. Kimiko."


      "Miss Ayami Kilara" The girl who I'd accidentally bumped into and had been glaring daggers at me ever since strode forward pridefully. The beautiful Aqua Teardrop was placed over her neck. "You will represent Waters-Song" Ayami nodded politely and took her place once more as soon as Mrs. Kimiko's eyes were off her she smirked my way. "Miss Shino Ibiki. You will represent Winds-Song" The pink haired girl seemed to dance forward to receive her stunning Peridot Teardrop. When she turned I noticed her eyes were the exact same pale green as her stone. "Mr. Katsu Sori." The seemingly lazy happy go lucky boy stepped forward grinning innocently to accept his Ruby Teardrop "Your in charge of Fires-Song." Katsu nodded and stepped back respectfully. Which left two Teardrops left. "Earths-Song will go to Miss Siora Haruka." I blinked as the smaller girl stepped forward to accept her Teardrop. Her eyes were earth brown, she wore glasses, and kept her hair short just around her ears which was also brown. She bowed low to accept her Tear, which I guessed to be a  Zircon.


I grew more and more nervous. The last Teardrop had to be the most beautiful of them all. "Finally for house Nights-Song, Miss Rue Tokiwa." Feeling the beginnings of a burning red sting against my cheeks I stepped forward and ducked my head, as I felt the firm black band of the necklace settle into its proper place. Mine I learned later was a tourmaline gemstone.




“Now that the formalities are over. You all had best make sure everything is in order for your guests” I heard her say as I shyly stepped back. It was then that I noticed The other hallways. One to either side of the grand staircases as well as two others from the stairways themselves. “You’ll find your House Dormitories there. Each are listed by House and hold your house symbol on their door.” The five of us moved to our separate hallways and we got to work.




*~*~*~*~*


    It seemed like hours later when I finally finished making the last coverlet up on what seemed like the hundredth room when there was the abrupt snick of a door handle. I blinked in my slowness in turning to glance out the small arched window I had discovered every room held. I managed to notice the beautiful sunset and ponder why my fellow students would begin moving into the dorms at the birth of the night when I was roughly whirled around on my heels. I found the familiar light blue eyes of none other then Glare Girl. “You weren’t supposed to come!” I was learning quickly that this girl was plainly nuts. Half catching myself upon the coverlet which I had managed to finish before Glare Girls sudden apparent attack. I’d had enough of this. “..Well I did, so shut up already, you freaking basket case!” I shoved back angrily with enough force to lightly send her back against the doorway, which she regretfully had enough sense to close. Though the mild thump and her expression of comic outrage was satisfying in and of itself. “You idiot! After all that was done to keep you two seper-” Her words were cut short as the shudder nearly unbalanced both of us. “...Catdirt! You’ll just have to fend for yourself once it starts!”  I blinked in confusion as I once more pulled myself upright skidding through the door to see Ayumi’s frantically retreating form. “That’s my word Glare Girl!” I yelped as I took off in pursuit. I find it funny in what I know now that I was more furious in her using my usual choice of words, other then the fact she knew exactly what was happening.


We finally made it the central hall in time to notice the smooth flat surface snicking solidly into place. The marble floor was still smooth and polished save for the white circular slightly elevated section within its center. I managed to hear Ayumi’s “Catdirt..” as my eyes managed to place the object. “..It’s a clock.” I finished for her before glancing sideways to catch the others expressions.


------
More being write please be patient! ~Mikame Ishikawa
© Copyright 2011 Gothic.Lolita.Mika (lolitamika at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747132-Mirror---Reflection-of-Memories