*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747822-I-Lost-My-Muse
Rated: E · Poetry · Nonsense · #1747822
poem about my struggle of writer's block
Pen in hand and an empty page, I realized........I lost my muse!

Gone........the singing, the rhyming, the chanting that buzzed around my head.  The voices are now quiet...........nothing much is being said.

I know at times I did not listen.  Perhaps my muse was sick of being ignored?  Feeling the neglect and the abuse?  Or better yet thought........what's the use?

Without you I do no more than squabble meaningless pictures across my page.  Irritated, I jump up and down in a childish rage.......

Feeling incomplete, I need your words to fill the void.  Providing an endless flow of ink to my pen, telling me where to end........and how to begin.

Come back to me, and I'll promise to write your words with melody and praise.  The vessel for your talent, I'll never again question your mysterious ways...........

My muse apparently listening to these apologies.....
Started whispering some of life's sweet analogies.

For now my muse and I have made our amends.
Helping me share my writers block with all of my friends.......
© Copyright 2011 eccentricity78 (eccentricity78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747822-I-Lost-My-Muse