*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747837-Time-Warp
by Tips
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1747837
When dreams get a little out of hand.
        I lay in bed waiting for sleep to come. While I laid there I could hear the faint rustle of leaves coming from the miniature tree on my dresser. That little noise lulled me into a sleep.
         I found myself walking down the stairs to the basement where my language class was. As I stepped off the bottom step I fell down and down, until I could see the ground and I was just about to hit it when...BAM! I woke up in my bed.
         I sat up and waited for my nerves to calm. Even though it felt like I had only been asleep for an instant, it was now five thirty in the morning. I got up; my alarm goes off at five thirty-one just because I wanted one more minute of sleep.
         Pulling myself out of bed I pushed my feet into my pink kitty slippers I’d never admit I owned. I hauled myself up the stairs my eyes drooping. I shoved cereal into my mouth and then ran downstairs to get changed. I grabbed my backpack and then my lunch out of the fridge and was ready to go by five forty five.
      The car that was supposed to take me to my early morning activity pulled up and I ran down the front steps where I slid and tripped on some black ice.
I fell and continued to fall. I fell down, and down, and down. I soon saw the ground beneath me I sped towards it. Just before I hit it I woke up in my bed, beads of sweat all over me. I looked at the clock, ten thirty two. It had only been a minute since I fell asleep.
    Weird dream, I thought then laid my head down and fell asleep instantly.


Word Count: 300
Flash Fiction
© Copyright 2011 Tips (tips18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1747837-Time-Warp