*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748766-Heart-of-Glass
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ruby
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1748766
a girl falls in love with a mistake. a tradgety
My heart was broken by him. His eyes were like glass, beautiful, but cold and cruel. I was his play toy. I thought I was done with him when he crushed me. I was wrong. He just came right back. And I fell for it. Fell for him. Again. Fell for that cold hearted Joey. His eyes… and his voice… I couldn’t say no. I should’ve. Oh, man, I should’ve. Joey would play with me more. No, not cheating. No, this was much, much worse.

I walked down the hall after breaking up with my last boyfriend, Jon, at the dance. he was a cheater. I never had good luck with a boyfriend. Greg was a perv, Jonny was a cheater, and joey, oh joey. The thought of him made me curl up on the floor of the empty halls weeping. A silken beautiful voice said, “Are you okay?” I looked up to see joey’s perfect face. He pulled me up and embraced me with his cool pale arms I tried to break free. “Don’t worry,” he said. “I won’t hurt you.” I looked up with my big blue eyes. “Promise?” I whispered. “Promise.” He cooed.

I turned around, my black silk gown swirling at my ankles. “That’s just it. You will hurt me. Again.” I cried. “That was different.” Joey said. “How?” I wept. “How will it be different?” “Trust me. It will be.” Joey said, embracing me. Soon, my lashes and his were face to face. He leaned in and soon his lips met mine. In 2 minutes, he managed to charm me into love with him again. I opened my eyes again and he touched my long brown hair. “Meet me in my dorm.” He smiled. I started to protest, but he put one finger on my plump pink lips. He turned and left. I sank to the floor shaking.

I turned the handle of the door of joey’s dorm. I had never been inside, and truth be told, I was curious. I opened the door and I was shocked. A white crystal palace that had a river running though it welcomed me to joey’s dorm. I walked over the white bridge to find a white loveseat. I sat down to wait for joey. He walked over wearing a white tux and he smiled. “Thanks for giving me a second chance. Now, just as a thank you from you, can do a little thing for me…” “No,” I stated. “I will never do anything else for you, joey.” He turned to me, his eyes glowering.

“You say you wouldn’t do anything for me again,” He snarled. “But you said that last time. And now your back. I can do anything I want with you. And you… can’t … do… anything!” he laughed evilly. Truth was, I was scared. I was also hopelessly in love. But he would hurt me again. I knew he would. But I couldn’t stay away. He was a magnet, and I was a short, helpless chunk of metal. I thought of last time. He had convinced me into doing vandalism, cussing, and being cruel. I wasn’t myself. I told him and he broke up with me. But he knew I would come back. And he was right.

I jumped up. “What… are…you?” I rasped. He smiled and said, “oh, nothing that you need to know. I just want you to relax.” I suddenly felt exhausted. No, I had to stay awake. I ran to the bridge, but it was gone. He smiled, knowing he had won. “Jump in the river,” he said, “and you will come right back to me. Only then you would be mine.” He snickered. “No.” I shouted. Never again will you manipulate me.” “Again,” he said “you still love me. I see it.” “No… I … DON’T!” I gritted though my teeth. I shoved him into the river, and he started to… dissolve. Like salt. “I will be back” a rasping voice said. I ran out of there so quickly and back to my own normal dorm.

I sat outside of my dorm, shivering, until my dorm mate, Jenny, came and found me. “What’s wrong?” She asked. I looked up and her and said, “He’s back.” I began crying. She carried me to my bed where she laid me down. “Joeys back?” she screamed, “AGAIN!?” he’s hurt you enough. Don’t fall for him again, ok? Promise me.” I took jenny’s hand in my shaking one and said, “I promise.” “Good,” she said. “Now get some sleep.” I lay down and slept a peaceful, dreamless night.I woke up with a start. Joey was sitting on my bed. “Get OUT!” I screeched. He jumped away. “Wow. You certainly dislike me. But that won’t stop me!” I bit him. Hard. He screamed and dissolved. He was gone. Forever. It was all over. Thank goodness.

© Copyright 2011 ruby (emma12314 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1748766-Heart-of-Glass