*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749446-The-Days-and-Nights-in-Cali-Bay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Relationship · #1749446
Cali Bay for the summer. CJ discovers the new "not so single life"
         I entered the little blue house I called home not more then 8 weeks ago and already it felt different. I dragged my bags up the stairs to the bedroom that awaited me. Pink walls, a black chandelier, gaudy in the best ways possible. The closet was just the right size and everything seemed just the way it should. The front door slammed open and shut, which rattled my window sills. Steps pounded up the stairs and the door swung open. "Are you gon make me carry everything?" Matt said. Matt Carr; tall boyish blond, with just the right amount of brunette. He was lanky but his attitude and personality made up for everything else. He was easy to get along with, and I should know i brought him here. We've known eachother for almost four years and conversations were easy, decisions were easy, we were just easy friends.
          I sat on the bed and starred out the window at the bright early sky. It peared straight onto the Bay, Cali Bay, and already the early bird fisherman were heading on home. Matt climbed sheepishly next to me and layed his hand on my back. "Cheer up, it will get better, thats why I'm here...DUH!" I giggled, i couldnt help but smile at him. "I know Matt, its just hard, Brett was here, and now hes home". Brett was my boyfriend, actually he was my best friend. We were friends forever it seemed, which in reality may have been the last 8 years. But we were inseperatable, especially when we made it official, and I'm talking facebook official last October. But after spending 2 short weeks here amongst 5 other people changed us, and now I'm here with Matt our buddy, and Brett stayed home,of course, because he's single.
          A short time after Matt and I had arrived the rest of the Spring Break Crew did too. First was Danny Palgatti, whose stats mainly consisted of Italian, Handsome & Buff, but honestly the sweetest man you could ever meet. He was followed by Amber Strouss, one of my least favorite in the house, a face only a mother could love when her makeup went on and was as easy as velcro sneakers. Natalie and Jessie came together. Natalie a tall blonde with the perfect toussled curls and Jessie a powerful mix of vodka and kickass. Last but not least Ryan and Adam showed. Both into themselves way to much, and that is not an understatement. Ryan's got looks, but doesnt have the best judgement on girls, communication and skills. He's dumber then a door knob, but dont let his personality fool you I here hes the "best in the house". *wink* *wink*. Adam is quite the opposite, close shaved, mama's boy who descreetly follows Danny and Ryan around as their wingman, only problem is his boyish charms seems to block the boys in getting some and he ends up bringing home the catch.
         I ran up to each and everyone, kissing and hugging and remembering our last goodbyes. Quickly the house turned to Matt who stood patiently, and gave a questionable glare. "Everyone, this is Matt Carr, he's Brett and I's friend and he's going to spend the summer with us". I smiled as I stood next to him holding his hand and waiting for the dreaded questions to follow."Well Hi Matt, I hope you enjoy us, and welcome to our happy little family" Natalie the good icebreaker said reaching forward to shake his hand. "Well he is cute isn't he, I'm sure we could use him for something" Amber said with a quick wink and a smile. "Uhmm so are you her boyfriend?" Danny asked. "N---" I was cut off "No, I'm not her boyfriend, I'm her friend and I;m taking Brett's place". The rooms mood changed, Danny stood up a little taller and so did Ryan and Adam. "Listen guys, Matt's one of my really good friends and I know were close, but me and him are closer. I know you have my back for anything and Brett's just going through a little bit right now so will see how everything goes. So is there any other questions?" I said standing between the wolves and the lonely vampire. Danny gave one more look up and down and extended his arm towards Matt. "Welcome to the house, were family here, if your willing to deal with us will give you the same respect back". Matt extended out his hand to Danny then Ryan and Adam. "You guys gotta get to know me, I'm way more fun then you expect" Matt laughed grabbing me in a half arm hug. Jessie, equipped with her ever pressence of alcoholic beverages supplied us with a toast. "To new friends, to old friends and to a great summer ahead" "CHEERS".

© Copyright 2011 C. J. Halloway (dntbugme15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749446-The-Days-and-Nights-in-Cali-Bay