*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1750357-ashamed
by elly
Rated: E · Short Story · Tragedy · #1750357
a short story about the tragedy that was the 9/11 bombings.
Everyone in the office pauses, we all drop our pens and look up from our work simultainiusly. we confirm our belives with fellow workmates- yes we did just hear the sound of a plane, but it's so close (CRASH,BANG). At this point the windows drop out of there frames, we all duck to avoid debreah flying through and hitting us, could this be an accident ? could we be mistaken? no a plane had really crashed into the building oppisite to us and no it couldn't of been an accident. Our building  was slowly collapsing into shrubble- the twin towers was turning into the tower. We catch glimpses of people jumping out of the burning building we hear screeches of sufficating souls. Smell of fire fills our lungs and noses as we scramble for escape. (CRASH,BANG,POW). The building shook we were also toppling to the ground, we rushed to the open gaps (of what used to be windows) and waved madly at the lost travellers below. I ran, jumped and hoped for survival,  as i fell i thought of my family and friends and to those that did this dispicable crime. Ashamed.
© Copyright 2011 elly (elly12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1750357-ashamed