*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751240-The-Boy-In-The-Library
Rated: E · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1751240
Love knows no bounds
Christian was silent as he stared at the boy across the room from him. He was the new student and he was really quiet and hadn't made any friends yet. Christian didn't know his name or where he was from, but, he did know one thing. He had fallen in love with the other boy. Christian buried his face into his book and glanced up every now and again to look at the other boy. He was nervous. He decided today that he was going to approach him and talk to him.
Christian took a deep breath and stood. He looked down at his book which he had now closed and approached the shelf next to where the boy was sitting. It was the fiction section. Christian set the book down on the shelf and glanced over at the boy who was leafing through a book. Christian gulped lightly and looked down for a second before turning to the boy and holding out his hand.
"Christian!" he exclaimed, determination driving him forward.
The boy looked up from his book and blinked up at him. He looked at the hand and then back up at Christian again, his bright blue eyes staring questioningly.
"C-Christian. My name's Christian," Christian muttered, feeling less confident.
The boy smiled then and took christian's hand in his own, giving him a firm shake. Christian felt his heart skip a beat but ignored it and forced himself to calm down and will the blush away from his cheeks.
"I-It's nice to meet you. Um, I noticed you were new here and I was wondering where you came from," Christian said.
The boy didn't reply and just stared up at Christian with an odd look on his face. Christian mentally kicked himself when he realized that the question he asked made it sound like he wanted to stalk this boy.
"Nevermind! Um, what classes do you have? I don't really see you in many of mine," Christian said.
Again, the boy just stared at him with that odd looks on his face. Christian, again, mentally kicked himself. That question sounded like a stalker question too. He mihgt as well have been asking the boy what his favorite food was or where he lived!
"Nevermind that one either. Um...that looks like an interesting book," Christian said, gesturing to the book.
The boy looked down at it then back up at Christian. He blinked for a moment before handing the book to Christian and picking another one off the shelf. Christian blinked a bit and looked down at the book that the boy had given him. It was an extremely easy book to read with large print and uncomplicated words. It was as if the bot enjoyed reading children's books.
"Uh, hey, if you don't mind me asking, would you like to hang out sometime?" Christian asked, his face in the book.
The boy glanced up at him from the book he was looking through and blinked a bit at Christian and then he sighed. Christian felt his cheeks grow hot again and he slammed the book closed, amking both himself and the boy jump a bit.
"Nevermind! Sorry I asked! Um, I need to go!" Christian exclaimed before running in the opposite direction, nearly hitting one of his classmates as he went.
Christian's classmate watched him run off for a moment before turning to look at the boy who was also staring off in Christian's direction. He walked over to the boy and sat next to him. Immediately, the boy smiled and began to speak to Christian's classmate in German.
"Who was that?" The boy asked.
"Hm? Oh, that's Christian. He's an oddball. Where you talking to him?" Christian's classmate asked.
"Not exactly. I mean, he was talking to me, but, I couldn't understand a word he was saying. I guess he doesn't know that I only speak German," the boy said.
"Bummer. Well, I'll tell him later," Christian's classmate said.
The boy turned back to the bookshelf, looking through all of the easy English books he could find to start off his English lessons. He smiled lightly to himself as he thought about Christian. He was an interesting kid. The boy sighed lightly and decided he was going to push himself to learn English faster, just so he could talk to Christian once more.
© Copyright 2011 Ronald Iris Pendregge (hetalia101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751240-The-Boy-In-The-Library